EastWest Pianos Bechstein D-280 Platinum Edition
Grand Piano Virtual Instrument
After two years of recording, editing, and programming, EastWest/Quantum Leap proudly present the most detailed virtual instrument of one of the world's finest grand pianos ever recorded in one of the 'temples of sound', EASTWEST STUDIOS (more RIAA certified platinum and gold records awarded than any other recording studios) with 3 mic positions.
This virtual instrument includes one of the world's finest grand pianos: the Bechstein D-280. The PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
Additional close mics version engineered by KEN SCOTT
(Elton John, Supertramp, David Bowie, Beatles)
- The most detailed piano recordings - EVER!
- Load any mic position individually
- 3 positions are included for maximum flexibility
- 10-18 velocities per note of sustain and sustain with pedal
- 8-12 velocities per note of repetitions and repetitions with pedal
- 5-8 velocities of soft pedal and soft pedal with sustain pedal
- 16 velocity staccato
- Repetition samples taken from 180 BPM performances for a TRUE repetition sound and not simply an alternate take.
- Software detects true repetitions
- Resonance - pedal resonance recorded for every note at multiple velocities, as well as with the soft pedal down
- Release samples with software envelope follower
- Articulations include
- A. Sustain
- B. Sustain with pedal
- C. Repetitions
- D. Repetitions with pedal
- E. Soft pedal
- F. Soft pedal with sustain pedal
- G. Staccato
- H. Release trails
- Recorded in a proper piano environment with vintage Neumann microphones, Meitner AD converters, and a vintage 8078 Neve console
- Stereo swap possible in software
- Mic position mixing in software
- Lid position simulation
- Articulation matrix for quick and straightforward loading
- Most powerful streaming engine available with highest polyphony counts
- PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 16GB RAM or more (32GB or more recommended)
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and Standalone