EastWest Pianos Platinum Edition
4 Grand Piano Virtual Instruments
Platinum Edition Includes:
- Bechstein 280 Platinum
- Bösendorfer 290 Platinum
- Steinway D Platinum
- Yamaha C7 Platinum
After two years of recording, editing, and programming, EastWest/Quantum Leap proudly present the most detailed collection of the world's finest grand pianos ever recorded in one of the 'temples of sound', EastWest Studios with 3 mic positions for each piano.
This virtual instrument includes four of the world's finest grand pianos: a Bechstein D-280, Steinway D, Bösendorfer 290, and Yamaha C7. The PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
Additional close mics version engineered by Ken Scott
- The most detailed piano recordings - EVER!
- Load any piano or mic position individually (each piano is approx. 60Gbs)
- 3 positions are included per piano for maximum flexibility
- 10-18 velocities per note of sustain and sustain with pedal
- 8-12 velocities per note of repetitions and repetitions with pedal
- 5-8 velocities of soft pedal and soft pedal with sustain pedal
- 16 velocity staccato on every piano
- Repetition samples taken from 180 BPM performances for a TRUE repetition sound and not simply an alternate take.
- Software detects true repetitions
- Resonance - pedal resonance recorded for every note at multiple velocities, as well as with the soft pedal down
- Proprietary resonance captured on the Bösendorfer
- Release samples with software envelope follower
- Articulations on each piano include:
- A. Sustain
- B. Sustain with pedal
- C. Repetitions
- D. Repetitions with pedal
- E. Soft pedal
- F. Soft pedal with sustain pedal
- G. Staccato
- H. Release trails
- Recorded in a proper piano environment with vintage Neumann microphones, Meitner AD converters and a vintage 8078 Neve console
- Stereo swap possible in software
- Mic position mixing in software
- Lid position simulation
- Articulation matrix for quick and straightforward loading
- Most powerful streaming engine available with highest polyphony counts
- PLAY interface includes impulses from the same hall the producers used to record Symphonic Orchestra and Symphonic Choirs so the pianos can blend with those collections.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra - 11 Big Sur (Intel only)
- Windows 10 with ASIO sound driver (64-bit only)
- Quad-core CPU or better
- 16GB RAM or more
- 282GB free storage space
- SSD recommended
- Free iLok account and iLok license manager
- iLok machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3, Standalone
- Ableton Live 10+
- Apple Logic Pro 10+
- Apple Garageband 10.3+
- Avid Pro Tools 2018.1+
- Avid Sibelius 2018.1+
- Bitwig Studio 3+
- Cockos Reaper 6+
- Image-Line FL Studio 20+
- MakeMusic Finale 25+
- Motu Digital Performer 9+
- Steinberg Cubase 9+
- Steinberg Dorico 3+
- Steinberg Nuendo 8+
- PreSonus Studio One 4+
- VSL Vienna Ensemble Pro 6+
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 16GB RAM or more (32GB or more recommended)
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and Standalone
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.