XILS Lab Analog Vocoders Bundle
2 Vocoder Virtual Instruments
The XILS Analog Vocoders Bundle bundle contains XILS 5000 and XILS 201 Vocoder, two emulations of the finest vocoders ever created available in a single license.
Inspired by the EMS Flagship Vocoder (EMS 5000 -1976-), XILS-lab used his knowledge acquired during the emulation of both the VCS3 synthesizer and the VP300 VocoderPlus to develop the XILS Vocoder 5000 Model.
Clarity, Purity: The XILS Vocoder 5000 emulates the sophisticated filtering techniques and incredibly complex circuitry of its analog counterpart to achieve the same organic sound, precision and … clarity.
Easy to use for beginners, yet incredibly powerful for Veterans: The user interface offers a standard single panel view. Everything is there, right under your hands, with a lot of presets to get you started. Should you want, or need, to go further, the Logo Center Panel will switch to a vast choice of advanced panels displaying the advanced parameters of the module of the Vocoder 5000 you wish to explore and experiment with. And there are dozens of advanced parameters, for your joy.
5000 Vocoder Features
- A Matrix Patch Area (22x22 or 20x20)
- Two Synthesizer cores
- Two oscillators per core, modeled on the EMS VCS3 oscillator
- One noise per core
- Two LFOs per core
- One VCA-ADSR per core
- One 22 band filter vocoder
- One 20 band filter vocoder
- Stereo analysis and synthesis available
- Side chain for adding an external audio source to the carrier
- A virtual keyboard, which can be saved within your presets
- A finely tweaked analog-like pitch tracker
- An input gate for reducing the noise
- A Voice/UnVoice detector
- A full output mixer applied to any of the internal audio paths
- A huge Frequency Shifter effect
- All parameters are MIDI controllable
- Presets for quickly showing-off the XILS Vocoder 5000 in all is glory
The 201 Vocoder was modeled after an ultra rare, ultra pricey (even at the time of its release), Vocoder unit, whose intelligibility has never been surpassed.
Vocoders have created a magical sound for artists like Kraftwerk, Herbie Hancock, Frank Farian (Boney M, Milli Vanilli etc.), Cylon Robots or the unmistakeable voices for the Droids in Battlestar Galactica droids in Star Wars and… Daft Punk (RAM).
The X201 features two Filter Banks, each with 20 different frequency bands to work with. Each Filter Bank can process the incoming signal (usually a voice, but any other signal, including drums, can be processed), or one can use only the internal CARRIER signal.
Other vocoders used at the time such as the Roland VP-330 only had 10 frequency bands, it had a very musical sound, but because of the reduced number of frequency bands, it had much less clarity than the X201 does.
You can also use the internal analog Synthesizer as a carrier to input into the vocoder, which immediately gives the X201 its characteristic and recognisable sound.
Any other incoming signal at hand can also be used, like an external Synthesizer or another voice etc to drive the vocoder.
The 201 has an exclusive feature called 'Silence Bridging'. It is a Multiband frequency dependent Envelope Follower engine, which will shapes the signal gain according to it's harmonic content. It's very useful for processing percussive or rhythmic sonic material, the Envelope Follower will add consederable contour to the sound.
201 Vocoder Features
- A carefully tweaked and faithfully emulated 20-band filter vocoder
- Single band bypass, multiple addition and bridging filtering possibilities
- Each sound carrier has its oscillator and noise generator
- Four effects: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Phaser, each with their own complete input routing
- Automatic input Gain Control
- Analog like pitch tracker
- External carrier input for feeding the vocoder with your own sounds or synthesizer
- Access to many more parameters, all in addition to those already present in the hardware version
- All parameters are MIDI controllable
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, and VST2