Xhun Audio FilterCult
Analog Modeled Filter Plugin
FilterCult is a powerful, creative signal filtering and sound coloration tool. This multi-device effects processor is composed by a set of modeled analogue gears and digital devices, arranged inside a rack-mount cabinet and accessible through a simple and easy to use interface.
At its heart, FilterCult consists in an accurate simulation of the infamous and iconic transistor ladder analogue filter, meticulously preserving its original circuit topology, behavior and quirks. Moreover, the addition of circuit-bending modifications and the possibility to use supplementary nonlinear electronic components sensibly expand its sound sculpting possibilities.
As a master effect or as a single channel insert processor, FilterCult is always the right choice in any music production scenario, producing from smooth and gentle analog filtering up to extremely aggressive colorations of any audio material.
The Good, The Bad, The Nasty
Playing the leading role in FilterCult is the FLT-TL22 device, an accurate modeling simulation of a transistor ladder analogue filter. In order to make this analogue filtering unit well-suited for a wide range of use cases, a meticulous preservation of the original circuit design and physical properties was just the beginning.
A series of experimental circuit-bents and improvements have been added, including a device-level feedback path (with the possibility to delay the feedback signal), extra pre-filter and post-filter nonlinear components (using transistor-based or tube-based technologies), a poles selector (by connecting different nodes of the analogue circuit to the main device output), a high-pass path and much more.
Moreover, FilterCult rack hosts additional devices. The PRM-EM44 unit is an easy to use input signal router, output signal mixer.
Controlling the analogue filter cutoff and emphasis (resonance) parameters, the MOD-XG01 unit is a multi-source modulation device, integrating an envelope generator, a multi-waveform LFO with tempo-sync and a noise generator.
This extended features set makes FilterCult perfectly suited for use in channel strips or as a master effect processor, filtering the incoming audio with its gentle analogue touch, drive and presence. Or, by rising up the internal nonlinear components operation, feedback paths, self-oscillation and modulation amounts, FilterCult is capable of deep and wild signal alterations, bringing powerful electric-esque, bassline-ish colorations - specially on rhythmic, percussive material like drums.
FilterCult is a complete, extended replica of one of the most great sounding and versatile analogue filters available - with a very lightweight CPU footprint and a simple, intuitive interface.
- Accurate physical modeling simulation achieved by the adoption of the Advanced Component Simulation (ACS) approach
- Full 64-bit processing accuracy for every single aspect of the simulation
- An all-in-one complete setup : transistor ladder analogue filter + modulation unit + signal router
- FLT-TL22 Advanced Transistor Ladder Analog Filter Features:
- Accurate modeling of a transistor ladder analogue filter using the topology-preserving transform method
- Providing supplementary, creative circuit-bents of the original filter architecture
- Including multi-node circuit output for different filter response (4-pole, 3-pole, 2-pole, 1-pole)
- Experimental high-pass mode output
- Extended cutoff frequency range (from 20 Hz up to 20 kHz) and self-oscillation (also in 1-pole mode)
- Voltage regulator circuit (auto stabilizer safety switch) providing full filter stability also when using extreme settings for the nonlinear components, parameters modulation, device-level feedback and component-level feedback
- Analog modeled transistor-based and tube-based saturation and overdrive circuits with separate load controls for pre-filter and post-filter stages
- Device-level feedback path with the possibility to delay the feedback signal (up to 10 ms)
- Separate modulation for cutoff, emphasis parameters and channel polarity inversion switch
- MOD-XG01 Multimode Modulator features:
- Accurate input signal detection (envelope follower) with sensitivity control (from 5 ms up to 2 sec)
- Multi-waveform LFO generator with separate frequency (from 0.05 Hz up to 300 Hz), tempo-sync and phase-reset controls
- Envelope generator with attack and decay time controls (from 1 ms up to 10 sec)
- Noise generator
- PRM-EM44 Embedded Preamp / Mixer features:
- Multi-mode input signal router with gain control (from -inf dB up to +6 dB)
- Final mixer section, with blend (dry / wet) and main volume (from -inf dB up to +6 dB) controls
- Including more than 20, multi-scenario factory presets
- Support for sample rates from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz
- Available in multi-size GUI resolutions
- MacOS 10.7 Lion - 10.14 Mojave
- Windows XP and above (32 or 64-bit)
- Dual-Core CPU or better
AU, VST2, VST3
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.