Wave Arts Tube Saturator 2
Analog-modeled Distortion Plugin
Tube Saturator 2 is a super accurate circuit simulation of a tube pre-amp with analog EQ, which can be overdriven gently for warming effects, or cranked for fat distortion. Like its predecessor, Tube Saturator, TS-2 is based on circuit simulation technology to capture every nuance of an analog circuit. The circuit consisting of the individual tubes, resistors, and capacitors is converted into a mathematical system of equations which is numerically solved to produce the exact same sound as a real circuit.
The original consumed large amounts of CPU power, TS-2 is now super-efficient. The Saturation section of TS-2 runs about 7x faster than the original and yet the modeling is even more accurate. TS-2 includes the original circuit simulation of the three-band Baxandall type EQ as found in many guitar amplifiers.
In addition to this breakthrough improvement in speed, TS-2 has many new features. You can switch between 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes for different harmonic characteristics. The EQ can be switched to run pre or post-saturation. Saturation and EQ are separately switchable.
There is also a 2x oversampling mode using a very high quality resampler algorithm. Use 2x mode to attenuate aliased distortion harmonics. Also new is a mix control to blend the processed sound with the original. And finally, TS-2 has a gorgeous new interface.
- Accurate tube preamp simulator using circuit simulation technology
- Two common cathode preamp stages
- 12AX7 and 12AU7 tube models
- Drive control for distortion adjustment
- Baxandall 3-band analog EQ
- Saturation and EQ bypass switches
- High quality 2X oversampling mode
- Wet/dry mix control
- Analog style metering
- No latency
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Mono or stereo
- MacOS 10.11 El Capitan - 11 Big Sur
- Windows 7, 8, or 10
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Mac: AAX Native, AU, VST3 (all 64-bit only)
- Windows: AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3 (32 and 64-bit)