VSL Synchron Tin Whistles
Irish Whistle Virtual Instrument
Tin whistles, also called penny whistles due to their affordable price, originated in the 19th century in Great Britain and Ireland.
The six-holed woodwind instruments are especially popular in Irish, Scottish and Celtic music.
Despite their high register, the sound of the tin whistle can be quite soft and lyrical, but they can also soar above the other instruments, with assertiveness and agility.
This Synchron World Winds Pack includes six tin whistles in the keys of G, D, C, A, F, and Low D.
Typical playing techniques include slides and ornaments such as cuts, taps, rolls and grace notes, which have all been sampled in great detail and are now easily accessible in the clearly laid out patch structure of the Vienna Synchron Player.
All six tin whistles included in this Pack were played by multi-instrumentalist, folk instruments expert, and member of the Synchron Stage Orchestra, Veronika Vitazkova.
She played in many orchestras, among them the Radio Symphony Orchestra Vienna, the Vienna Chamber Orchestra, and Tonkünstler Orchestra, toured Europe as a solo flutist with the late Ennio Morricone, and played at esteemed festivals from Salzburger Festspiele to Hollywood in Vienna.
Having performed on countless film scores at Synchron Stage Vienna, Veronika feels very much at home on the large Stage A and marvels at the exceptional acoustics of this scoring stage that contribute substantially to the overall sound of each instrument.
To capture the spectacular ambience of "Stage A" of Synchron Stage, our engineers employed seven phase-coherent microphone configurations to provide a broad range of room options.
All signals are available as separate channels in the mixer section of the Vienna Synchron Player.
A wide variety of presets offer perfect mixer settings and serve as great starting points for your own sound creations.
Each whistle's natural sampled tones, which are diatonic as opposed to chromatic.
Nonetheless, this software instrument provides chromatic keyboard mappings for every instrument. In addition, legatos were sampled chromatically.
If you want your composition to be played by a tin whistle player, please bear in mind that not everything you write and play on the keyboard may be possible to perform for a musician, due to the non-chromatic nature of each instrument.
- Sample Amount: 29,105 46,568
- Download File Size: 1.9 GB 3.0 GB
- Installed File Size: 8.4 GB 14.6 GB
- Sample Amount: 46,568
- Download File Size: 3.0 GB
- Installed File Size: 14.6 GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel or AMD CPU
- 16GB RAM or more
- Standard Library: 8.4GB free storage space
- Full Library: 14.6GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, and VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.