VSL Synchron Pianos: Yamaha CFX
Grand Piano Virtual Instrument
The Yamaha CFX is a beautiful hand-crafted, full-size 275 cm (9’) concert grand that represents the pinnacle of the manufacturer's tradition of piano crafting. We captured this beauty in the marvelous environment of Stage A of our newly refurbished scoring stage, Synchron Stage Vienna. Our very own instrument is equipped with Yamaha's award-winning performance reproducing system "Disklavier Enspire Pro" which guaranteed utmost precision, resolution, and consistency during the entire recording process.
The Yamaha CFX grand offers a wide palette of expressive tonal colors, eliciting dramatic intensity and the most subtle nuances. Its distinctive sound can be characterized as precise, bright, clear, powerful, and assertive, lending itself to any genre of classical, romantic, or contemporary piano music and from solo pieces to chamber and concert works. What’s more, Yamaha CFX grand pianos are particularly at home with pop and jazz genres.
The virtual representation of this instrument incorporates our team's unbridled passion for the most natural sound paired with the best player experience.
- Up to 4,200 samples per key for maximal authenticity and liveliness
- 100% natural ambience of one of the best recording halls in the world, Synchron Stage Vienna
- Hyper-realistic playing feel
- Advanced Release Sample Technology
- Multiple Microphone Positions – for a multitude of timbral variations
- All-new, intuitive Synchron Pianos software with high-performance playback engine
- Six pre-configured Presets: "Concert", "Intimate", "Player", "Pop", "Ambience", "Mighty"
- Soft (una corda), sostenuto, sustain pedals
- Half-pedalling and re-pedalling
- Sympathetic resonance
- Body resonance
All Natural, Ambient Sound
Our Yamaha CFX grand is permanently stored at our refurbished recording facility Synchron Stage Vienna which is characterized by its particularly warm, intense, and natural ambience. Since its reopening in 2016, this 540 m2 hall has already left its acoustic signature on numerous international productions, from classical chamber music to large-scale orchestral film scores. Today it is considered one of the best recording stages in the world and is frequently booked by world-renowned artists, producers, and film studios.
10 Microphone Positions - Up to 4,200 Samples per Key
With up to 4,200 samples per key, our Yamaha CFX boasts breathtaking authenticity. In order to capture this marvellous instrument in one of the best acoustic environments on the planet, we’ve used multiple high-end microphone arrays, giving you an abundance of options for creating your individual sound.
- 1. Room Mic (Mix)
- 2. Close 1 (Schoeps MK4)
- 4. Mid 1 (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- 6. Main/Room Mic - Decca Tree Stereo (L/R)
- 7. Main/Room Mic - Decca Tree Mono (Center)
- 1. Room Mic (Mix)
- 2. Close 1 (Schoeps MK4)
- 3. Close 2 (Royer SF-24)
- 4. MID 1 (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- 5. MID 2 (Sennheiser MKH 8040)
- 6. Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Stereo (L/R)
- 7. Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Mono (Center)
- 8. Main Surround – Stereo (L/R)
- 9. High Stereo (3D) – Stereo (L/R)
- 10. High Surround (3D) – Stereo (L/R)
Advanced Release Sample Technology
Capturing the notes with all the velocities and especially at various tone lengths with their subtle nuances is a major challenge in the art of piano sampling – and it’s particularly tricky when recording the instrument with the ambience of a scoring stage. This is where our new Release Sample Technology comes in. We've developed a unique, proprietary technique that automatically matches up to 300 individual and finely grained release samples per key to your played notes. The result is a hyper-realistic playing feel and 100% timbral authenticity.
Customize Your Personal Sound
Apart from the multitude of options through mixing various microphone signals, our Yamaha CFX comes with an all-new, dedicated sample player that opens a whole new dimension for shaping your sound. Hosting a high-performance playback engine built from ground up, the software provides a musician-friendly user interface that allows for quick and easy timbral control. Create your sound intuitively by filtering particular key ranges or even single keys, adjust the body resonance of the instrument or add just a pinch of algorithmic reverb to refine the overall sound.
Utmost Precision and Consistency
As evidenced by the huge amount of sample data, the recording phase of this Yamaha CFX grand piano project extended over several months, which demanded absolute consistency within the room and for the instrument itself. To protect the piano’s environment and ensure reliable recordings, Synchron Stage Vienna's integrated system for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) provided very consistent climatic conditions throughout the entire recording process. Further, all samples were recorded using the instrument’s integrated, computer-controlled performance reproducing system. Its non-contact optical sensors detected every movement of all 88 keys (position, velocity, and release velocity) and the pedals (including half-pedaling) with utmost precision, reproducing the most delicate nuances of a human performance. Additional hammer sensor feedback allowed for accurate reproduction of special playing techniques such as rapid note repetition and softly-played notes. What’s more, over the course of several months, Vienna Symphonic Library team members were trained in preparing and tuning a grand piano accurately by Vienna’s leading piano technicians in order to achieve absolutely consistent tuning and sound characteristics during the entire recording process. The impeccable result must really be heard (and played) to be appreciated!
Our Synchron Yamaha CFX supports Native Instruments' NKS format and is compatible with Komplete Kontrol keyboards and Maschine. Use the Light Guide to quickly identify key switches and play ranges of your instruments, browse and preview sounds, and quickly adapt them using pre-configured control knobs.
- Sample Amount: 119,020
- Download File Size: 34.6 GB
- Installed File Size: 115.0 GB
- Sample Amount: 238,040
- Download File Size: 71.2 GB
- Installed File Size: 239.9 GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 16GB RAM or more (32GB or more recommended)
- 115GB free storage space for Standard Library
- 239GB free storage space for Full Library
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.