VSL Synchron-ized Special Edition Vol. 5: Dimension Strings
Orchestral Virtual Instrument
- 5 String sections, taken from SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings:
- 8 First Violins • 8 Second Violins • 6 Violas • 6 Cellos • 4 Double Basses
- Normal and muted articulations: Staccato, détaché, sustained, sforzato, legato, portamento, tremolo, pizzicato
- Easily switch between “senza sordino” (normal) and “con sordino” (muted) articulations in one Preset
- Authentic ensemble sound with direct access to each voice
- Humanize Presets for real-time control of performance accuracy
- Outstanding ambience of Synchron Stage Vienna
- Pre-configured reverb settings for accurate and authentic placement of each instrument on stage
- Production-ready sound, out of the box
Stunning Realism Through Imperfection
The string players of these ensembles were recorded in homogeneous groups, capturing all of the human interactions and slight imperfections of a live performance. Individual microphones for each player allow you to access each voice of the ensemble separately.
Even the best musicians never play in perfect unison; slight imperfections in pitch and timing, as well as different timbres and vibrato intensities create a lively, beautiful ensemble sound. When playing as a group, musicians continually adapt to each other, and their interactions within the ensemble reveal the “magic” of a live performance. With our Synchron Player and its Auto Humanization feature, these nuances and variations are created automatically while simply playing the keyboard.
You may easily select the number of musicians of the ensemble in one instance of the Synchron Player, from the principal, to single desks, to the full ensemble size. What’s more, you can automate the integrated mixer and therefore control the volume of each player separately. Each ensemble instrument has its own Synchron Stage Impulse Response for placement and reverberation, so it’s a breeze to use different Dimension Strings ensemble sizes in one instance of the player.
The Vienna Synchron Player incorporates a specifically designed convolution reverb derived from Vienna MIR Pro, featuring the outstanding ambience of the 540 m² (5,813 sq.ft.) main hall of Synchron Stage Vienna. The perfectly engineered reverberation and placement presets combine customized impulse responses with expertly crafted reverb settings for each instrument or ensemble. By adding the ambience of Synchron Stage Vienna’s Stage A to the relatively dry samples in real-time, the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions perfectly blend with any other product of our Synchron Series, resulting in a production-ready sound “out of the box”.
You may expand the string ensembles of SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Vol. 5 with additional articulations by upgrading to the large Collections SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings I and SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings II (muted) at favorable upgrade prices. In addition to many more articulations, the larger Collections offer the possibility to select playing on certain strings (“force strings”, e.g., sul G), “avoid open strings”, and “use open strings”.
- Sample Amount: 186,358
- Download File Size: 25.5 GB
- Installed File Size: 51.1 GB
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 51GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3, and Standalone