VSL Synchron-ized Recorders
Recorder Virtual Instrument
This Historic Winds Pack brings the four recorders from our acclaimed VI Recorders Collection to Stage A of Synchron Stage Vienna. It has been re-edited and optimized for the Vienna Synchron Player, increasing both the flexibility and ease of use of all articulations for a quick and creative workflow.
Compared with its close relative the flute ("flauto traverso"), the instrument range of the wooden recorder ("flauto dolce") is more limited in terms of pitch and dynamics. This is one of the reasons why the recorder was replaced by the (traverse) flute in orchestras around the 18th century. However, recorders were very popular during Medieval times and into the Renaissance, and even in the Baroque era famous composers such as Telemann, Bach, Händel, and Vivaldi wrote pieces for these instruments.
Due to the absence of upper harmonics and a predominance of odd harmonics, the sound of recorders is soft and mellow. The instrument is often unfairly marginalized as a toy for children or amateur players, with its main application being classrooms and less formal occasions. However, contemporary composers of all genres (from Luciano Berio and Mauricio Kagel to Keith Jarrett) have written demanding pieces for the recorder, expanding its timbral range in a virtuosic way. What’s more, recorders are used as solo instruments in modern film music, adding a particular exotic timbre with references to ancient or far eastern worlds in orchestral scores. All four recorders of this collection were played by Austrian flute and recorder virtuoso Leopold Eibl, a sought-after soloist and chamber musician.
The Synchron Player's integrated convolution reverb adds the outstanding ambience of the 540 m2 (5,813 sq.ft.) main hall of Synchron Stage Vienna to the dry samples in real-time. Expertly crafted mixer presets place the instrument at its perfect spot on stage, resulting in a production-ready sound "out of the box" that blends seamlessly with the instruments of SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds as well as with every other product in the Synchron Series.
- Sample Amount: 6,790
- Download File Size: 970.6 MB
- Installed File Size: 2.0 GB
- Recorders soprano, alto, tenor, bass
- Repetitions legato with and without vibrato, staccato
- Sustained and marcato with and without vibrato
- Legato normal and fast with and without vibrato
- Crescendo and diminuendo, 1.5/2/3 sec
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 2GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2