VSL Synchron-ized Baroque Oboe
Oboe Virtual Instrument
This Historic Winds Pack brings the Baroque oboe from our acclaimed VI Historic Winds I Collection to Stage A of Synchron Stage Vienna. It has been re-edited and optimized for the Vienna Synchron Player, increasing both the flexibility and ease of use of all articulations for a quick and creative workflow.
The Baroque oboe is a double-reed woodwind instrument that appeared in the mid-17th century. It is also called "hautbois" which is derived from the compound French word haut ("high", "loud") and bois ("wood", "woodwind"), covering the soprano range from c1 to d3. As opposed to the modern oboe, the Baroque oboe has only three keys. In order to produce higher pitches, the player has to "overblow", meaning to increase the force of air to reach the next harmonic.
The Synchron Player's integrated convolution reverb adds the outstanding ambience of the 540 m2 (5,813 sq.ft.) main hall of Synchron Stage Vienna to the dry samples in real-time. Expertly crafted mixer presets place the instrument at its perfect spot on stage, resulting in a production-ready sound "out of the box" that blends seamlessly with the instruments of SYNCHRON-ized Woodwinds as well as with every other product in the Synchron Series.
- Sample Amount: 3,561
- Download File Size: 465.9 MB
- Installed File Size: 969.4 MB
- Portato short and long
- Repetitions legato, portato, staccato
- Sustained normal and marcato
- Legato normal and fast
- Sforzato, fortepiano, sforzatissimo
- Crescendo and diminuendo, 2/3/4 sec.
- Piano-forte-piano, 2/4/6 sec.
- Fast repetitions between 140 and 200 BPM
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 1GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2