VSL Synchron Pianos: Bosendorfer 280VC
Grand Piano Virtual Instrument
The Viennese Concert Grand for the 21st Century
- Recorded at Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna
- True all-rounder, versatile and profound
- Very distinct, clear, colorful sound
- Huge dynamic range
- Multiple Microphone Positions – for a multitude of timbral variations
- Advanced release sample technology
- Six pre-configured main presets
- 21 additional FX presets
Bösendorfer's new and acclaimed "Vienna Concert" grand piano merges the company’s venerated traditional approach to piano manufacturing with the most recent, sophisticated engineering. The 280VC is completely modern, reimagined from scratch, while remaining true to Bösendorfer’s legendary foundations.
Heralded as the next-generation concert grand, the 280VC has already proven to be a true all-rounder. Compared to the Bösendorfer Imperial with its additional bass strings, wider soundboard, and more orchestral sonic character, the sound of the 280VC is very distinct and clear. You can easily differentiate between the bass, tenor, and treble sections. Beyond that, its huge dynamic range makes this concert grand very versatile. It has the necessary sensitivity to offer supportive accompaniment to singers and solo instrumentalists in chamber music settings, while at the same time it holds its own against the power of a large orchestra in a huge concert hall. In addition, the 280VC boasts the qualities of all Bösendorfer concert grands, such as its diversity of sonic colors and that certain warmth inherent to fine Viennese instruments.
The Bösendorfer 280VC was recorded at Synchron Stage Vienna's Stage B, a 69 m² (739 sq ft.) live room offering a beautifully controlled acoustic environment with less ambience than the large main hall. Hence the sound of the 280VC is more intimate and direct than the Stage A recordings of the Bösendorfer Imperial, with ample body and fullness, making it a very genre-versatile piano that’s easy to control and fun to play.
During the many years of development at Bösendorfer, renowned pianists were involved in perfecting the acoustic articulation of the 280VC. Legendary concert pianist Paul Badura-Skoda says, "I am truly astonished that in modern piano crafting there – still – is potential for further improvements. Without abandoning the legendary virtues of Bösendorfer, this instrument captivates with its extremely rich resonance and dynamic spectrum – absolutely brilliant."
To capture the Bösendorfer 280VC with all its subtleties, our engineers further refined our precise motion-control system based on a solenoid that controls a noise-free “robot finger”. The micro-controller moves the finger with super-human precision, providing flexible curvatures for down-strokes and release movements, the latter corresponding with the preceding note length and various release speeds.
7 Microphone Positions
In order to capture this marvelous instrument in Stage B of Synchron Stage Vienna, our recording engineers used multiple high-end microphone arrays, affording an abundance of options for creating your individual sound.
- 1. Close 1 – Condenser (Sennheiser MKH8090 ORTF)
- 2. Mid 1 (Sennheiser MKH 8040 ORTF)
- 3. Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Stereo (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- 4. Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Mono (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- 1. Close 1 – Condenser (Sennheiser MKH8090 ORTF)
- 2. Close 2 – Tube (Neumann M-149)
- 3. Mid 1 (Sennheiser MKH 8040 ORTF)
- 4. Mid 2 (AKG 414)
- 5. Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Stereo (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- 6. Main/Room Mic – Decca Tree Mono (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- 7. Main Surround – Stereo (Sennheiser MKH 800)
- Sample Amount: 81,504
- Download File Size: 26.5 GB
- Installed File Size: 93.1 GB
- Sample Amount: 142,632
- Download File Size: 47.4 GB
- Installed File Size: 174.4 GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 16GB RAM or more (32GB or more recommended)
- 93GB free storage space for Standard Library
- 174GB free storage space for Full Library
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.