VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Quasar
Solo Percussion Virtual Instrument
- Drums, cymbals, gongs, percussion
- Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna
- Multiple microphone positions
- Wide variety of presets, from close to ambient, from natural to processed
This percussion module offers a collection of unpitched instruments in the categories of Drums, Cymbals & Gongs, and Percussion, derived from the Synchron Series libraries Synchron Percussion I and Synchron Percussion II.
All instruments were recorded "in situ" on their perfect spot in the large hall of Synchron Stage Vienna with an expansive, phase-controlled multi-microphone set-up, including close and mid mics, Decca tree (left - center - right), as well as surround and high surround outriggers.
Big Bang Orchestra: Quasar includes the following instruments:
- Bass drum with low tuning, played with soft and hard mallets
- Snare drum played with sticks, rods, and brushes
- 6 Concert toms (8" - 16"), played with sticks
- 10 Taikos (8" - 53"), played with several cudgels and tam beaters
- Suspended cymbal, played with sticks, soft mallets, and brushes
- 2 Tam-tams played with soft beaters
- 5 Woodblocks played with soft beaters
- 3 Slapsticks
- Thundersheet (large)
Articulations include a variety of single hits, rimshots, upbeats, rolls, and many others, depending on the instruments and beaters.
Getting the right sound out-of-the-box is a breeze, given the host of presets that not only match the sound of all the other libraries in the Big Bang Orchestra series but also stand on their own in all kinds of arrangements and styles.
By expertly combining the available microphone signals with the internal effects of the Synchron Player you get Presets such as Close, Classical, Wide, Distant, Ambient, Comp+Reverb, Boom+Comp, Far Away Echoes, and many more.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 42GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2