VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Phoenix
Solo Pitched Percussion Virtual Instrument
Pitched Solo Percussion
- Timpani, mallets, bells, gongs
- Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna
- Multiple microphone positions
- Wide variety of presets, from close to ambient, from natural to processed
This percussion module offers a collection of pristine sounds in the categories of Timpani, Mallets, and Bells & Gongs, derived from the Synchron Series libraries Synchron Percussion I and Synchron Percussion II.
All instruments were recorded "in situ" on their perfect spot in the large hall of Synchron Stage Vienna with an expansive, phase-controlled multi-microphone set-up, including close and mid mics, Decca tree (left - center - right), as well as surround and high surround outriggers.
Big Bang Orchestra: Phoenix includes single hits of the following instruments:
- Timpani, played with soft mallets
- Glockenspiel, played with plastic mallets
- Xylophone, played with wood mallets
- Vibraphone, played with soft mallets
- Tubular bells, played with medium mallets
- Plate bells
- Burma gongs
In addition to single hits, timpani feature rolls, and octave hits. The vibraphone comes with motor-on and motor-off variations.
Getting the right sound out-of-the-box is a breeze, given the host of presets that not only match the sound of all the other libraries in the Big Bang Orchestra series but also stand on their own in all kinds of arrangements and styles.
By expertly combining the available microphone signals with the internal effects of the Synchron Player you get Presets such as Close, Classical, Wide, Comp+Reverb, Far Away Echoes, Power Timps, and many more.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 36GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2