VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Orion
Woodwinds Virtual Instrument
- Four woodwind ensembles, recorded at Synchron Stage Vienna
- Three musicians per ensemble playing in unison
- Multiple microphone positions, additional close mic positions
- Real legatos, espressivo, swells, flutter tongues, fast repetitions, etc.
- Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna
Four Woodwind Ensembles
The woodwind sections of the Big Bang Orchestra are available in two modules. BBO: Orion offers four separate ensembles of flutes, oboes, clarinets and bassoons, with three musicians playing in unison in each ensemble. Taking a different approach, BBO: Neptune includes “tutti” recordings of 13 woodwind instruments, from the piccolo to the contrabassoon, all playing together.
Big Bang Orchestra Orion includes the ensembles of:
- 3 Flutes
- 3 Oboes
- 3 Clarinets in Bb
- 3 Bassoons
For each ensemble, all three musicians performed together and were recorded together with an array of microphones, including individual close mics for each ensemble, mid mics, Decca tree (left - center - right), surround, and high surround outriggers.
All ensembles include a wealth of articulations, with a special focus on the beautifully performed legatos that are available in two variations, regular and espressivo. Other playing techniques include short notes, long notes, repetitions, espressivo, soft swells, sforzando, sforzatissimo, crescendos, flutter tongues (for flutes and clarinets) and fast repetitions. These are available in three tempos (120, 140, 160 bpm) but they can always be synced to your host tempo using the Synchron Player’s time-stretch feature.
The woodwinds of BBO: Orion are completely new recordings that can be seamlessly combined with the tutti recordings of the other Big Bang Orchestra modules to add even more and varied colors. As always, the Synchron Player offers mixer presets that blend perfectly well with all the other BBO sections and ensembles. What’s more, the “Processed” category offers mixer presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Distorted Delays” and many more.
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Mid microphones
Download File Size: 8.2 GB
Installed File Size: 20.2 GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 20GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.