VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Musca
Ensemble Strings Virtual Instrument
- Two string ensembles, recorded at Synchron Stage Vienna
- 6 cellos and 4 basses playing in octaves
- Multiple microphone positions, additional close mic positions
- Real legatos, glissandos, espressivo, swells, trills, pizzicatos, etc.
- Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna
The city of Vienna has always been famous for its exquisite string players and their fine instruments. On our own scoring stage, the low string sections of the Synchron Stage Orchestra form a marvelous symbiosis with the large hall “Stage A” to create a beautiful string sound that provides a well-rounded low end for the entire Big Bang Orchestra.
Recording six cellos and four basses playing together in octaves creates a homogenous, well-balanced sound, as the musicians adjust their intonation, tone color, phrasing and vibrato instantly and instinctively with each other. It’s this exceptional coherency that makes these string performances so special and guarantees a beautiful, balanced timbre.
The library comes with exactly the same articulations as BBO: Lyra, offering variations of short notes, long notes with two vibrato intensities, legatos, espressivo, sfz, sffz, crescendos and diminuendos, tremolos, fast repetitions, half tone and whole tone trills, half tone and whole tone slides up and down (glissandos), and pizzicatos. As with all libraries powered by the Synchron Player, the tempo of all articulations, e.g., repetitions and glissandos, can be easily adjusted using the integrated time stretch feature. Special patches let you combine the low strings of Lyra with the high strings of Musca, either by layering the two ensembles over the entire keyboard or by using a split point at C3.
The string performances of BBO: Musca are completely new recordings that blend perfectly well with the tutti recordings of the Big Bang Orchestra. The included mixer presets deliver a perfect sound out-of-the-box that integrates seamlessly with all the other modules of the series. Room Mixes feature an excellent blend of overhead Decca tree mics and surround mics mixed to a stereo signal that’s light on CPU and RAM. Other Mixer Presets offer a combination of mic signals that you can adjust to your needs and liking, masterfully crafted by Synchron Stage Vienna’s Chief Recording Engineer, Bernd Mazagg. These include “Stereo Decca Tree” and “Surround to Stereo” that feed the surround mics to the stereo signal for a richer and wider sound. Also included are “Surround” presets for 3D audio setups, as well as a “Processed” category with presets such as “Compressed”, “Sparkling”, “Wall of Strings”, “Howling Strings”, and many more.
- Main (Decca tree stereo)
- Main (Decca tree center)
- Main surround stereo
- High stereo
- High surround stereo
- Low strings
Download File Size 4.0 GB
Installed File Size 9.1 GB
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 9GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.