VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Dorado
Ensemble Percussion Virtual Instrument
- Monster Drums, Thunder Toms, Super Crashes and many more
- Massive power of up to six percussionists playing together
- Set-ups at three positions captured with multiple microphones
- Various set-ups can be combined to large ensembles
- Exceptional acoustics of the large Synchron Stage Vienna
Big, fat percussion sounds are an essential part of a large sounding orchestra, lending epic size, power and drive to any track. As with the previous tutti recordings of the Big Bang Orchestra series, the Vienna team sampled up to six percussionists playing together in the large hall of Synchron Stage Vienna, capturing the human liveliness and musicality that's one of the cornerstones of the entire series. The instruments were selected from Synchron Stage Vienna's own climate-controlled drum and percussion vault that matches the atmospheric conditions of the recording stages, and where they are meticulously maintained to be ready for film music sessions at all times.
By combining and balancing the frequency spectrums of various instruments and placing them in the room, the team achieved powerful and fresh sounds — not only when striking in fortissimo, but also at softer, more subtle volumes. What's more, Vienna's engineers isolated each instrument during the recording sessions with close microphones while playing together in the ensemble, so you have more control and creative options using the Synchron Player's internal mixer.
Skin & Metal
BBO: Dorado contains several categories of set-ups, with two main divisions: skins and metals. By combining instruments from both groups you'll cover the entire frequency spectrum, in addition to reaping the intoxicating energy of a large percussion ensemble consisting of up to twelve musicians! The skin categories include Monster Drums, Bass Drums, Thunder Toms, Special Drums, and Snare Drum Ensemble. In the metal group you'll find Suspended Cymbals, Super Crashes, Big Metal, and Small Metal.
The instruments were lined up at three main positions on stage (left, center, right). All positions, with one or two instruments each, were played at once and recorded with multiple microphones, including an overhead mic for every stage position and close mics for every instrument. The overheads, as well as the individual instrument signals, are available separately in the Synchron Player's mixer, in addition to the Decca tree, surround, and high surround mics.
You can select from a variety of articulations and their variations, including ringing or secco (damped) single hits, played tightly or loosely between the musicians of the ensemble, with hard or soft beaters, one to four upbeats, and rolls as well as crescendo rolls in various lengths. What's more, the included collection of MIDI loops can be played with the Synchron Player's internal MIDI player.
As you might expect, BBO: Dorado plays extremely well with the previous installments of the series, energizing your Big Bang Orchestra with punchy strikes, metal hits, and cymbal crashes.
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 13GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.