VSL Big Bang Orchestra: Capricorn
Symphonic Riffs Virtual Instrument
With BBO: Capricorn, Vienna Symphonic Library's series of epic tutti recordings reaches further toward instant modern scoring with captivating riffs and patterns, played with exhilarating intensity by the entire Synchron Stage Orchestra. Johannes Vogel, composer, orchestrator and principal conductor at Synchron Stage Vienna, composed a wide variety of 4-bar phrases that can be combined to make hundreds of variations, from subdued tension patterns to angst-inducing marches or massive chase cues.
Orchestrated in the style of contemporary film scores, all phrases exhibit a driving rhythm and the glorious sound of a large symphonic orchestra that for many years has been serving clients from Hollywood and all over the world. The patches are organized in three main categories and can be easily accessed and combined using key switches:
- Main Themes: Presenting the entire tonal spectrum of the symphony orchestra
- Low Riffs: Played by the lower registers of strings, woodwinds, and brass
- High Riffs: Played by the higher registers of strings, woodwinds, and brass
Mix to the Max
All phrases are available in 120, 130 and 140 bpm on all root notes over up to two octaves, so you can not only combine main riffs, low riffs and high riffs of different phrases but also of different root notes. What's more, the large number of microphone positions and their availability in the full-fledged mixer of the Synchron Player allow for even more sonic flexibility and variation possibilities, inviting you to be creative and experiment.
With mixer presets such as "War Fanfare" or "String is King" you can emphasize certain sections of the orchestra. Room Mixes feature an excellent mix-down to stereo from the Decca tree and surround mic positions for a CPU and RAM-saving sound that's perfectly balanced right out-of-the-box. Other Mixer Presets offer a combination of mic signals that you can adjust to your needs and liking, masterfully crafted by Synchron Stage Vienna's Chief Recording Engineer, Bernd Mazagg. These include "Stereo Decca Tree" and "Surround to Stereo" that feed the surround mics to the stereo signal for a richer and wider sound. Also included are "Surround" presets for 3D audio setups, as well as a "Processed" category with presets such as "Close Big", "Wide Big", "Ambient Big", "Massive", "Lush", "Vintage Tape" and many more.
It goes without saying that all Symphonic Riffs blend perfectly well with all other Big Bang Orchestra libraries and unleash even more power in combination with them. Never before has it been easier and quicker to create powerful and lively full-scale orchestra mock-ups!
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 8.1 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU or better
- 8GB RAM or more (16GB or more recommended)
- 42GB free storage space
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.