Universal Audio Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip
Tube Channel Strip Plugin
Track in Real-time with The Ultimate All‑tube Vocal Processor
The human voice is the first, most natural musical instrument.
It's also the most expressive. Like the voice itself, Manley’s VOXBOX channel strip is a beautiful and evolved system - a high-end blend of tube-driven preamp, dynamics, and EQ circuits, designed specifically for your all-important vocals.
Featuring UA's groundbreaking Unison technology, the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in for Apollo and UAD-2 hardware is a stunningly faithful emulation of this premium vocal channel strip.
One listen and you'll hear why it’s the vocal choice of Beck, Rick Rubin, U2, and more.
- UAD Native - Runs on your Mac or PC without UA hardware (AAX, AU, VST3)
- Apollo Realtime & UAD-2 - Runs accelerated on Apollo interfaces and UAD‑2 hardware (AAX, AU, VST2)
Under the Hood
Introduced in 1997, the Manley VOXBOX combines the best of Manley's audio designs, including their high-fidelity tube mic preamp, vactrol optical compressor, Pultec-style passive EQ, and de-esser/limiter into a formidable 3U package.
Featuring Manley's legendary boutique build quality, including in-house wound transformers, the VOXBOX stands alone as a premium tube-driven toolbox for outstanding vocal tracks.
Track Vocals through a Coveted Mic Preamp with Unison Technology
Chock full of Class A vacuum tube tone, the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in expertly emulates the hardware’s rich, feedback-style mic preamp.
Harnessing UA's groundbreaking Unison technology, the VOXBOX plug-in perfectly captures the impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have made the hardware famous.
The secret is Unison's bi-directional control and communication, from the plug-in to the digitally controlled mic preamps in Apollo audio interfaces.
Compress Sources Before the Preamp
Just like the hardware, the Manley VOXBOX plugin lets you tame transients before the preamp with its flexible optical compressor.
This innovative topology, as well as the compressor's 25 interactive Attack and Release combinations, assure exceptionally clean, smooth-sounding tracks.
Unmatched Passive EQ Sculpting
The Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in’s three-band, passive EQ is based on the classic Pultec MEQ-5.
With two peak bands, one dip band, and greatly expanded and overlapping frequency selections, this broad-stroke EQ keeps the top end sweet, and the lows defined, yet natural sounding - even with extreme boosts and cuts.
Ultra-Transparent De-Essing and More
At the center of the Manley VOXBOX is its sublime, natural-sounding de-esser.
With two knobs, you’re afforded complete control of not only vocals, but shrill electric guitars, or overly bright overheads.
You can also turn off the de-esser frequency control and use this section as an aggressive and colorful limiter.
Not Just for Vocals
For years, the Manley VOXBOX has been a secret weapon for bassists looking to harness its high-end tube signal path and slick EQ and compression appointments.
Engineers have also called on the Manley VOXBOX for clean electric guitars, strings, and drums as its always-musical results can elevate any source way beyond the ordinary.
- Track rich, luxurious vocals in real-time through Manley's high-fidelity, Class A tube mic preamp
- Easily sculpt vocals with Manley's Pultec-style passive EQ with 33 selectable frequencies
- Expertly dial-in signals with transparent optical compressor with 25 Attack and Release combinations
- Harness Class A EQ and compression for bass, acoustic guitars, vocals, voiceovers, and more
- Organically tame sibilance with unmatched de-esser/limiter section
- Control Apollo interface mic preamp gain staging and impedance directly from the VOXBOX plug-in with Unison technology
- MacOS 10.15 Catalina and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported