Toontrack SDX: The Rock Foundry
Bob Rock Expansion for Superior Drummer 3
A massive library of sounds for Superior Drummer 3 recorded by a true industry legend, Bob Rock
The Rock Foundry SDX features a staggering 65 GB of raw, unprocessed drum sounds recorded by arguably the most notable, influential, and sought-after engineer/producer of our time: Bob Rock.
The Rock Foundry SDX was recorded at Bob Rock's choice studio The Warehouse in Vancouver, BC, and designed to give you the most flexible selection of drums, ambiences, and options possible.
It's configured as two individual SDXs, one 'Main' and one 'Mono'. The 'Main' features six kits captured with a traditional multiple microphone technology whereas the 'Mono' configuration was recorded using a minimal setup.
In addition to the seven individual kits, a large selection of extra snares, kicks, and cymbals are provided, making The Rock Foundry SDX an incredibly broad palette of raw material to use to craft drum mixes within the powerful framework of Superior Drummer 3.
If writing and performing a song is magic, the art of engineering and shaping sound is the alchemy that makes music transcend and become legendary.
It’s how you position microphones right from the start, how you place drums in a room, and how you ultimately process each individual piece to fit in a mix. The latter part is left up to you.
Should you rather go for Bob Rock’s drum mixes as a starting point, we’ve included a selection of presets engineered by the man himself.
- Toontrack Superior Drummer 3.1.0 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)
- 68GB free storage space
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.