Toontrack SDX: Death & Darkness
Mark Lewis & Tue Madsen Expansion for Superior Drummer 3
The Death & Darkness SDX merges two world-class studios with two of today’s most in-demand modern metal producers: Mark Lewis (Cannibal Corpse, Whitechapel, Coal Chamber) and Tue Madsen (Meshuggah, Behemoth, Hatesphere). Combined, it gives you a truly diverse and all-encompassing collection of drums designed to cater to any facet of today’s fragmented scene – from the most brutal, blast beat-ridden and breakneck-speed death metal to hard-hitting metalcore, hardcore and all the fusion-inspired hybrids of progressive metal.
The SDX was configured as two separate libraries, one for each studio. The ‘Death’ portion of the SDX was recorded by Mark Lewis at his choice studio, the Sonic Ranch in Tornillo, Texas. The Ranch’s perfectly crafted Vincent van Haaff-designed main room offers second-to-none acoustics – pristine and distinct but still dense and with a warm, resonant, and balanced natural reverb. To contrast, the ‘Darkness’ part of the SDX offers a completely different experience – a darker, less polished, and more raw-natured tone of drums. It was recorded in the empty swimming pool in Tue’s longtime and much-legendary Antfarm Studio in Aarhus, Denmark. With the reflective surface of the hard tile walls and floor in the pool combined with the surrounding room’s brick structure and high ceiling, the ambience of this unique room heard on countless albums is unlike any other.
Welcome to two studios, two schools of modern engineering, and an almost insurmountable amount of drums ready for you to hone, mold and shape to literally anything you can imagine sound-wise. Get ready to produce drum mixes that have the power to pierce and cut through any thick wall of guitars or extremely layered production.
- Nine (9) complete kits
- A total of 19 bass drums, 19 snare drums, 35 cymbals, and more
- Recorded at two different studios: Sonic Ranch, TX, (by Mark Lewis) and Antfarm Studios, Denmark, (by Tue Madsen)
- Sampled with extreme attention to detail and articulation
- Configured as two sound libraries, one for each studio
- Includes custom mix presets engineered by Mark Lewis, Tue Madsen, and Toontrack
- Sampled by drummers Sean Reinert and Michel Svane
- Includes MIDI performed by Sean Reinert and Jay Postones (TesseracT)
- Toontrack Superior Drummer 3.1.4 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 8GB RAM (16GB or more recommended)
- 184GB free storage space