Toontrack EZX: Reggae
Expansion Pack for EZDrummer 2
A Rhythm You Can’t Beat.
The unmistakable sound of reggae drums and percussion. Saturated, warm and rich tones that will fall seamlessly into any track you’re working on.
Arguably more so than in any genre, the rhythm section is the heart and soul of reggae. Coherently it forcefully pushes the music forward, always with the characteristic, steady beat of the drums at the very forefront.
The Reggae EZX takes the traditional sound and recording techniques of reggae drums and puts it in the powerful framework of today’s most intuitive tool for drum production, EZdrummer 2.
The Reggae EZX was recorded at Rub-a-Dub Studios in Stockholm, Sweden and comes with a unique and genuine collection of instruments, all handpicked for this session. It includes two full, single-headed custom drum kits, a generous selection of snares, percussion and traditional Binghi and clay hand drums.
Everything was recorded using vintage gear and microphones, the custom miking techniques of the genre and through a 1970s Soundcraft Series II console. All this coupled with the studio’s dense, organic wood-lined walls, its tight space and three decades worth of reggae history will give you unrivaled authenticity in drums for roots-oriented music. Saturated, warm and rich tones that will fall seamlessly into any track you’re working on.
- Customized Yamaha Stage Custom and 1970s Premier drums
- Two full kits (with alternative tuning/damping on two sets of toms)
- Traditional percussion pieces and hand drums
- Effect chain presets for a wide range of sounds and styles
- Includes a collection of reggae MIDI grooves
- Toontrack EZdrummer 2.0 and above OR Superior Drummer 2.4 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)
- 1.2GB free storage space