Toontrack EZX: Latin Cuban Drums
Expansion Pack for EZDrummer 2/3 and Superior Drummer 3
The Cuban Groove.Drums tailored for Latin-flavored rhythms.
While rhythm may be the heartbeat of most genres, in Latin music the pulse and the beat is the very lifeblood. In fact, in many ways the groove is the song. Welcome to the Latin Cuban EZX, a mix-ready battery of kits tailored for just that – infectious latin-flavored rhythms for anything from traditional to modern.
The Latin Cuban Drums EZX features a handpicked collection of drums and a selection of mounted percussion pieces such as bells, woodblocks and a timbale. It was all captured at the famed Sear Sound Studios in New York by a team with a much-prominent status in the broad field of Latin music: Grammy Award-winning and Emmy-nominated engineer Dave Kowalski and drummer Robby Ameen. Between them, their work spans from the early ’80s through to today and includes collaborations with numerous top artists, awards and accolades. In fact, Robby is arguably one of the most influential Latin-oriented drummers of the past few decades with books, instructional videos and much more on his CV – all on the subject of drums in Latin music.
Welcome to two custom kits tailored for Latin and Cuban music, recorded in the aura of a classic New York room by one of the most well-versed drummers in the field – all at your fingertips.
- Recorded at Sear Sound Studios, New York
- Produced by Grammy Award-winning and Emmy-nominated engineer Dave Kowalski
- Sampled by drummer Robby Ameen
- Features two of Robby Ameen’s custom kits, four crash cymbals, two cymbal stacks, four ride cymbals, two standard hi-hats, and one right-hand FX hi-hat
- Side of the floor tom sampled to mimic the traditional 'cascara' playing style
- Also includes two mambo bells, two songo bells, two “left-foot” cowbells, one "left-foot" woodblock, one woodblock and a timbale
- Comes with MIDI performed by Robby Ameen
The Drum Kits
The Latin Cuban Drums EZX features two of drummer Robby Ameen's personal kits. His unique setup includes two hi-hats, two ride cymbals, and several mounted percussion pieces as well as a right-hand timbale. In addition to capturing all of these instruments in traditional Toontrack meticulousness, we also in great detail sampled the floor tom to mimic the traditional ‘cascara’ playing style.
Sear Sound is one of – if not the – oldest recording studios in New York City. It was founded by Walter Edmond Sear (1930-2010), inventor, composer, film producer, and out-and-out audiophile with a deep passion for gear and technology. He built his studio around the philosophy of having musicians capturing their music live at the studio and through the shortest possible signal paths of the highest possible quality. Over the years, literally everyone has recorded here – from John Zorn to Björk, David Bowie, Lenny Kravitz, Yoko Ono, Steely Dan, Lou Reed, Wayne Shorter, and Norah Jones, to name just a few. Simply put: Sear Sound is a hugely influential puzzle piece of our collective music history. We are happy to bring you two pivotal cornerstones for your songs captured in this magical aura: drums and percussion.
- Toontrack EZdrummer 2.1.8 and above OR Superior Drummer 3.1.7 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)
- 3GB free storage space
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.