Toontrack EZX: Electronic Edge
Expansion Pack for EZDrummer 2/3 and Superior Drummer 3
A New Level of Edge.
A massive body of sound for modern music production.
In the Electronic Edge EZX, drum machines, acoustic percussion, foley, and melodic instruments merge, meld, and converge in a universe of never-before-heard hybrids of sound. In this zero-gravity audio cosmos, layering, texturing, pitch shifting, granular processing, and circuit bending all intersect and pivot at the zenith of cutting-edge sound design to deliver a truly one-of-a-kind percussive battery for modern music production.
In total, the EZX covers 30 mix-ready kit presets made from over 370 unique and individually engineered percussive components. You'll find kicks, snares, risers, hi-hats, toms, atmospheric and FX sounds, claps, cymbals, and more – all free-floating at the divides between electronic and acoustic and between modern and vintage and as far from anything conventional you can imagine.
Welcome to an immense universe of sound and an ideal vantage point for near-endless creative odyssey. Be it for beat-making, modern pop composition, or elaborate sound design, the Electronic Edge EZX has got you covered.
- Electronic, acoustic, and foley sounds combined to never-before-heard hybrids of percussive textures
- 30 unique kit presets
- 57 kicks, 49 snares as well as a broad range of toms, rims, FX sounds, risers, cymbals, and more
- In total, more than 370 individually engineered source sounds
- Includes a ‘Melodic’ section of chromatic instruments
- Ideal for beat making and any facet of electronic and modern music production
A Massive Battery of Sound.
The sounds of the Electronic Edge EZX include more than 370 individually engineered percussive textures. These are grouped into thirteen categories: KICKS, SNARES, RIMS, CLAPS, HATS, TOMS, CRASHES, FX, PERCUSSION, MELODIC, SUBS, RISERS, and ATMOSPHERE. Each category is accessible from its dedicated pads in the interface, allowing you to seamlessly audition and swap sounds in real-time to make your own hybrid kit renditions. The Electronic Edge EZX also includes 30 mix-ready kit presets – all involving elaborate sound design as well as three dedicated kick and snare options for each.
The Kit Presets.
These audio demos show all Electronic Edge EZX kits with their included, accompanying MIDI grooves. The examples were recorded directly out of the Electronic Edge EZX using the included kit presets and various amounts of automation of the eight knobs in the onboard mixer. No external instruments or post-processing effects other than master compression/limiter were used.
- Toontrack EZdrummer 2.2.0 and above OR Superior Drummer 3.2.4 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)
- 1.6GB free storage space
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.