Toontrack EZX: Duality II
Jakob Herrmann Signature Expansion Pack for EZDrummer 2/3 and Superior Drummer 3
This EZX features mix-ready sounds tailored for bright, metallic and progressive hard rock and metal.
It was designed to offer a polarizing sound ideal to its sibling, the Duality I EZX. Both EZXs were recorded by engineer Jakob Herrmann (Evergrey, Raised Fist, Amaranthe) and drummer Alex Landenburg (Kamelot, Cyhra, Mekong Delta) during the same session at Top Floor Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden. Duality II EZX includes one full kit as well as a total of six bass drums, eight snares, and a staggering range of cymbals.
In addition to the sounds, this EZX also includes a custom MIDI library as well as a collection of presets engineered to provide different takes on the core kit along with creative hybrids constructed using the large pool of additional kicks, snares, and cymbal content.
When two objects – worlds, stars, planets, waves, storms – collide, they either form a clash of epic proportions decimating almost any and all things in its way, or they meld and mesh into an awe-inspiring coherent force of energy. The Duality EZXs are an example of the latter. Welcome to two contrasting batteries of drums that balance on the divide between polarizing sonic ideals – each great on its own, but awesome together.
- Mix-ready drums, tailored for bright, metallic, and progressive hard rock and metal
- Recorded by Jakob Herrmann (Evergrey, Raised Fist, Amaranthe) at Top Floor Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Sampled by Alex Landenburg (Kamelot, Cyhra, Mekong Delta)
- One full kit with three rack toms and two interchangeable floor toms
- Six bass drums and eight snares
- Two rides, two hi-hats, and 13 crash/china/stack/splash cymbals
- Includes a broad range of presets by Jakob Herrmann and Toontrack
- Features a dedicated MIDI library performed by Alex Landenburg
The included library of presets was engineered to provide different takes on the core kit as well as several creative hybrids constructed using the large pool of additional kicks, snares, and cymbal content. The preset collection includes content created by both Jakob Herrmann as well as by the Toontrack sound design team.
The Duality I EZX MIDI library was performed by sampling drummer Alex Landerburg and features custom material tailored for the specific sound ideal of this EZX. In turn, the Duality II EZX comes with a contrasting content, offering grooves and fills that in many ways are the polar opposites of its siblings. For this volume, expect a battery of foundational grooves – perfect for any bright, metallic, and progressive-sounding hard rock or metal track.
- Toontrack EZdrummer 2.2.2 and above OR Superior Drummer 3.2.6 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM (8GB or more recommended)
- 5GB free storage space