Toontrack EZX: Big Stage
Expansion Pack for EZdrummer 3 and Superior Drummer 3
The Stage Is Yours
Four kits recorded in a massive mid-1800s theater auditorium.
The Big Stage EZX is an expansion for EZdrummer 3 captured in arguably the most unique and iconic setting in Toontrack EZX history: an empty stage facing a massive mid-1800s theater auditorium.
Masterfully recorded by engineer/producer/mixer Jakob Herrmann and designed to provide the broadest possible sonic palette, it features four contrasting kits as well as ambience microphones positioned on the far ends of the stage, the balconies, and other key positions in the theater's breathtaking room.
Regardless of whether you're looking to write a massive rock track, an ambient pop song, or if you're simply after a massive collection of genre-neutral drums with an audio-visual scope beyond the convention, this EZX is your new go-to.
- Recorded at Stora Teatern, a classic Gothenburg theater dating back to 1859
- Engineered by Jakob Herrmann at Top Floor Studios in Gothenburg, Sweden
- Four complete kits, handpicked for maximum versatility
- Features a set of concert toms as well as several extra kicks, snares, and cymbals
- Sounds ideal for anything from thunderous rock and metal to modern ambient pop, soul, and more
- Features several ambience microphones (far sides of the stage, ceiling, balcony, and more)
- Comes with mix-ready presets for a wide range of microphone setup variations and styles
- Includes a collection of unique MIDI grooves and fills tailored for the kits
The Theater & The Studio
At the end of Gothenburg’s bustling main boulevard, wedged in between lush park greenery and busy cable car traffic, one of the city's most iconic buildings paints its imposing silhouette on the cityscape: Stora Teatern.
Originally designed for dramatic theater, this now mid-1800s marvel of Renaissance-inspired architecture acts as a stage for arts and culture across the board.
Located inside the building itself is Top Floor Studios, one of Gothenburg's linchpin studios and go-to hubs for not only the city's elite of bands and artists, but also internationally.
The studio is managed and run by Jakob Herrmann, producer and creative mind behind this EZX.
Four kits and extras, handpicked to offer maximum versatility and tonal characteristics.
"Being able to handle anything from jazz to hard-hitting rock, this was the perfect choice for an allround kit. The resonating toms and the punchy kick came out great in this huge ambience." - Jakob Herrmann
"This was the first kit I decided just had to be recorded for this project. It's simply a timeless classic. Tuned super low, it's got power and rumble for days, especially in the context of this room." - Jakob Herrmann
"The punchy and controlled opposite to the White and Blue kits. With small sizes but lots of low end, this kit made the room sing in a whole other way than the other kits." - Jakob Herrmann
"This is the old-school concert tom kit. With no resonant heads on the toms, this is fast and snappy and a very cool alternative to the other three kits. The close mics on the toms in combination with the room mics give you a very unique sound and tons of options." - Jakob Herrmann
The Mic Setup
With ambience microphones positioned on anything from the far sides of the stage to the ceiling and the balconies, the audio-visual scope of this recording presents an amazing width.
The included library of presets was engineered by Jakob Herrmann and designed to provide a broad collection of mix-ready settings incorporating a variety of sound ideals, mixing styles and microphone setups.
The included MIDI was performed by Darby Todd and is unique to this EZX. In total, five songs are provided, each performed and tailored specifically to suit the kits, the ambience of the room, and to serve as perfect starting points for your next few tracks.
- Toontrack EZdrummer 3.0.3 and above OR Superior Drummer 3.3.1 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 9GB free storage space