Toontrack EKX: Cinematic Pads
Expansion Pack for EZKeys 1 & 2
For most of us, the anatomy of sound and its inner workings as a creative catalyst is a peculiar thing. The moment we hear something we can’t define – a new instrument – our minds inevitably open up to interpretations beyond the convention. Sound becomes visuals that in turn transform into tangible ideas. This library of sounds for EZkeys is a prime example of just that.
EZkeys Cinematic Pads is based around several analogue and modular synths as well as a vintage grand piano and an electric bowed guitar. Together, these components form a never-before-heard hybrid instrument of reverberant, peculiar, fluttering, ominous, visceral, fluid and literally out-of-this-world audio landscapes. With this at hand, you’re an intrepid explorer at the helm of an audio vessel headed straight into the unknown – weightlessly drifting through an interstellar cosmos en route to uncharted sonic frontiers. If you let yourself go, you’ll enter a realm where the divide between reality and dream is nothing but a lucid gradient ready for you to pierce though.
- A hybrid instrument of never-before-heard textures of sound
- Based on several analogue and modular synths as well as a grand piano and an electric bowed guitar
- In excess of 70 mix-ready presets offering a widely creative panorama of ambient sounds
- Ideal for anything from soundscapes, scores and sound design to modern pop and electronic
In simple terms, a modular synth is a make-your-own-synth system where modules like oscillators, filters, amplifiers, LFOs, envelopes and more are used to produce one-of-a-kind sounds in real-time. Several classic modular systems were used to create the unique sounds in EZkeys Cinematic Pads.
A handpicked selection of classic analog instruments were blended in as a contrast to the modular sounds.
The bowed guitar is a Togaman GuitarViol. Essentially, this unique instrument is a hybrid of a guitar and a viola or cello. It's traditionally tuned like a classic guitar but played with a bow.
The piano featured in the back end of EZkeys Cinematic Pads is a Bösendorfer from 1891. It was sampled in traditional Toontrack fashion but had each note reversed in the final product.
- Toontrack EZKeys 1.3.3 and above (sold separately)
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more (8GB or more recommended)
- 1.2GB free storage space
- Toontrack EZKeys 2 is required (sold separately)