Toontrack Drum MIDI: Eighties Pop Grooves
Drum MIDI Pack
A New School of Groove.
Drum beats and fills ready for your modern eighties-flavored pop songs.
Pop drums in the eighties were somewhat a marriage between two eras. At one end of the scale, drum machines and monotonous beats were forcing their way into the sound of the time, while on the opposite side, groove, feel and timing were more important than ever. Amid all this was the traditional drummer, caught in an age when technology came head to head with tradition. Producers introduced click-tracks on a larger scale, asked drummers to play with machine-like precision to not clinch with their sequenced parts, and had them lay down their tracks as the first step in a production – all while session drummers like John Robinson, Ricky Lawson, Phil Collins, Manu Katché, Jonathan Moffet, Jeff Porcaro, Kenny Aronoff, and Stewart Copeland rose to iconic fame and had more work than ever. This era is indeed a man-against-machine scenario, where drummers who bridged the gap the best came out on top. Who’ll ever forget those gated reverbs, larger-than-life drum fill breaks, and machine-like beats? Interesting time indeed.
This collection of grooves explores the rich song treasures and artists of the time. Prepare for sturdy beats with an abundance of feel combined with some timeless session drummer magic that can fall into any track with seamless precision. Just like back then, but now – ready for your modern eighties-flavored pop songs.
- Drum MIDI grooves and fills inspired by pop songs and iconic drummers of the ’80s
- More than 500 individually played MIDI files
- Intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, and fills sections
- 4/4 and 12/8 in straight and/or swing feel with tempos ranging from 55 BPM to 162 BPM
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.