Toontrack Drum MIDI: AOR Ballad Grooves
Drum MIDI Pack
Get Your Ballads Back on Track.
A profound collection of timeless rock grooves inspired by AOR ballads from the golden age of the ’70s and ’80s.
While the AOR genre already had gained a big following in the late ’70s and early ’80s rock scene, what made its breakthrough to the mainstream tier and not only conquer the worldwide airwaves but also the movies is largely attributed to ballads. Bands and artists like Peter Cetera, Journey, Foreigner, and Toto all had massive worldwide hits with their ballads, putting slick, meticulously produced AOR on the commercial map in an all-new way. Now, Rock wasn’t all about being loud, it was just as much about musicality, songwriting, craft, and skill – all the common traits of AOR. Drummers became a central part of the sound of this era. Players like Jeff Porcaro, Steve Gadd, Jim Keltner, and John Robinson would go on to inspire a whole new generation of drummers around the world.
This is where this collection of grooves takes off – with a strong foothold in classic rock, but with that “session musician” quality that often signifies the genre. Expect sturdy, timeless grooves with edge, nuance, and finesse – all in tempos and feels perfectly suited for ballads. This MIDI pack gives you the ideal foundation for any rock track where you want the drums to have attitude and an extra ounce of sophistication – without getting in the way of the song.
Works with EZdrummer, EZdrummer 2, Superior Drummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3 (optimized for 1 kick, 1 snare, 3 rack toms, 1 floor tom, 4 crash cymbals, 1 ride cymbal).
- Drum grooves and fills inspired by AOR ballads of the late ’70s to mid-’80s
- More than 480 individually played files
- 4/4 and 6/8 in straight, swing and halftime feel
- Tempos ranging from 51 to 96 BPM
- Song structure categorization (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, fills, etc.)
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.