Tokyo Dawn Labs NOVA Gentleman's Edition MKII
Dynamic Equalizer Plugin
NOVA GE is a parallel dynamic equalizer. Appearing in the familiar layout of a parametric equalizer, the plugin also includes flexible dynamics processing options allowing the coverage of an impressively wide range of applications. Be it a master lacking density, the drum bus asking for more crispiness, or a sibilance problem in your perfect take: NOVA has an elegant musical answer.
NOVA GE includes a total of six dynamic EQ bands, each with independent dynamics processing ranging from downward compression over upward compression, upward expansion, up to downward expansion (incl. gating). Flanked by powerful highpass and lowpass filters, the processor covers a wide range of tasks:
- Parametric equalization
- Dynamic equalization
- Frequency selective compression/expansion
- Multiband compression/expansion
- Wideband compression/expansion
In addition, an advanced "Smart Operation" panel offers a unique way of Format-AUtomating and orchestrating the plugin for spectral matching, resonance removal and much more.
A user-friendly WYSIWYG drag and drop display paired with a classic "knob" interface gives quick and smooth access to the various parameters driving NOVA's powerful signal processing. Elaborate equal loudness functions help finding the optimal setting without getting distracted by loudness differences.
NOVA GE also features all helpers and workflow enhancements you’ve come to expect in a TDR plugin: A preset manager, undo/redo, A/B, detailed documentation, copy & paste, and much more.
New in Version II
- DSP: New "Surgical" curve mode
- UI: resizable plugin-window, 3 different UI scales, "no display" mode
- UI: Significant UI performance improvements
- Analyzer: precision increased, faster reaction
- Analyzer: source selection moved above the blue analyzer/threshold scale
- Dynamics: New below/above threshold switches allow for upward compression and downward expansion
- Dynamics: Ratio range increased to inf:1
- Dynamics: New Lookahead option (fixed to 0.5ms)
- Dynamics: New "Int SC (flat)" option in the sidechain menu turns
off Nova's internal 3dB/oct sidechain filters.
- Smart Operations: New "Smart Operations" window replaces the old
- Smart Operations: New Freq Range and Amount control allow fine-tuning the
extent of the selected operation.
- Smart Operations: New "Generate Multiband" operation.
- Controls: Grouping of continuous parameters now always relative
- Controls: Added instance name editing dialogue to context menu
- Toolbar: Settings dialogue updated
- Option added: "Always render at highest quality"
- New presets added