Three-Body Tech Heavier7Strings
Metal Guitar Virtual Instrument
Bring Heavy Metal Back to Your Music
Three-Body Technology proudly presents Heavier7Strings, a real-time playable sample-based virtual instrument that brings back Heavy Metal to your productions. Equipped with a complete effect rack and a patterns library, this metal-style guitar library has everything you need!
The love for music and a desire to create innovative studio technology was the mainspring that made Heavier7Strings possible. With a total of 4 years in the making, using only top-quality equipment, more than 10,000 samples were painstakingly recorded in 24-bit and 48 kHz. To top it all off Heavier7Strings comes with a self-developed sampler with no compromise on sound quality.
The Effect Rack
What is the first thing to do when one starts a virtual guitar? Usually, it is to bypass all built-in effects, as they are mostly too primitive for any serious work. However, the effect rack provided in Heavier7Strings is complete and of production-level quality, not just a toy!
- 19 Heavy Metal Effect Modules: Screamer, EQ12, AMP, Flanger, Pingpong delay, etc.
- 16 Amps with styles from heavy metal to clean sound, processing sample rate up to 8X
- 66 cabinet IRs, four can be mixed simultaneously with different delay, volume, and phasing
- Preset manager allows you to store your own effect presets, along with 200 factory presets
MIDI Patterns Library
Heavier7Strings contains a number of 200 predefined MIDI patterns, together with effect rack configuration. The style of these patterns ranged from metal, rock, pop, clean, and along with non-rhythmic noise and ambient sounds. All these patterns can be dragged into host DAWs, and users can define their own patterns by MIDI clip.
- 200 factory MIDI patterns together with effect rack presets
- Various styles: metal, rock, pop, clean, along with non-rhythmic noise and ambient sounds
- Draggable into host DAWs
Samples and Sampler
The sampler used in Heavier7Strings is self-developed, no third-party samplers were used.
- Direct read from disk
- Shared sample buffer between instances to reduce memory consumption
- Automatic fade out on disk-read overtime to avoid clicks & pops
Built-in DSP Engine
A built-in DSP engine named THRASH (Tonal/Harmonic Reconstruction and Shaping) is included in Heavier7Strings to provide various tone adjusting functions:
- +∞RR: in addition to 16x recorded RR at maximum, random timbre and envelope changes are applied on samples to provide more vivid RR playing
- True doubling: two guitars playing simultaneously on the left and right channel, each has individual random note delay and RR selection
- Sample-based LFO: modulate sample pitch with pitch curves extracted from real-world vibrato playing. This technique is adjustable in both degree and frequency and is more realistic than just modulating the pitch by sine/ triangle wave
- Dynamically recoups the formant during pitch-bend
- Digitally emulated tone knob and pickup switch
- Adjustable tension and resonance
- Infinite sustain
- Hammer-on & pull-off
- Legato slide in/out
- Pinch harmonics
- Polyphonic legato
- 24 "inspiration keys" to directly trigger specially played sounds/complex performances
- String and fretboard position
- Up/down picking
- Strumming: deduce complete chord from part of composing notes
- Trigger power chords from root note
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 or 64-bit)
- Intel Core Duo / AMD Athlon CPU 64 or better
- 4GB RAM or more
- 10GB free storage space
Mac: AAX Native, AU, VST2 (all 64-bit only)
Windows: AAX Native (64-bit), VST2 (32 and 64-bit)