Soundtoys Little Plate
Simple Plate Reverb Plugin
The unmistakable plate reverb sound - warm, rich, and spacious - is now at your fingertips.
Inspired by the original EMT 140 plate reverb, we captured the gorgeous sound and vibe of this studio classic and turned it into a fun and musically inspiring plug-in. And Soundtoys couldn't resist pushing the limits of reality, so they added a couple of fun twists that let you take Little Plate to spaces the original hardware only dreamed of.
Simple Control, Infinite Possibilities
Once they recreated the iconic 140 sound, Soundtoys couldn't resist going even further.
While the original reverb could only muster a modest five seconds of reverberation time, we pushed that number higher. A lot higher. With Decay Time set to infinity, Little Plate's reverb tails never fade away.
Cut the Clutter
Keep your reverb and your mixes clean with the built-in Low Cut filter.
Sometimes the low-frequency build-up in reverbs can get a little out of control. Use the Low Cut control to tame those boomy bass frequencies.
Flip the mod switch to introduce slight modulation into the reverb tail.
These subtle and chaotic variations can result in a thicker and smoother sound, especially at long decay times on pitched instruments like keys, guitar, and voice.
At Soundtoys, they have a reputation for obsessing over legendary hardware. But when they decided to build their first reverb plug-in, they went farther than ever before. They collected five EMT 140s from around the country and gathered them in their lab.
They tuned them up. They teched them out. They went to the chiropractor (that’s one and a half tons of plate reverb). Then they took their time listening and testing, zeroing in on a sound that they think captures the classic EMT 140 vibe. Warm, rich, spacious, and slightly dark, Little Plate packs the essence of plate reverb into one little plug-in that won't break your back.
- Add the sound of vintage plate reverb to your tracks
- Push beyond the limits of the hardware with extended reverb decay time
- Create infinite reverb effects that never decay
- Optional modulation for natural-sounding variation in the reverb tail
- Low Cut filter to tame low-frequency build-up
- 25 distinct presets to quickly dial in a sound
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.