2 Resonant Filter Plugins
Resonant Analog Filter
Fat analog sweeps, pounding filter rhythms, big hardware sound - with a dual version for double the analog attitude.
Are you searching for smooth, silky, analog filter sweeps? Or are grimy, resonant squelches more your style?
Nothing adds character to a track faster than a great filter, and FilterFreak can do it all.
From funky envelope follower sounds reminiscent of the classic Mutron, to wide resonant LFO sweeps like the Sherman Filterbank.
From timeless wah-wah tones to campy sci-fi sample-and-hold effects.
Whether you're controlling it manually or locking it to tempo for rhythmic effects, FilterFreak delivers the warm, fat, resonant tones you crave.
And Soundtoys has also added exclusive features you won't find in the classics, so you can create practically any filter effect you can dream up.
FilterFreak faithfully recreates the sounds of classic analog resonant filters.
Twist the frequency knob for smooth retro synth sweeps.
Crank up the resonance to add some edge, or even push the filter into self-oscillation.
And when you drive it hard, FilterFreak responds by breaking up in a gritty and pleasing way, just like hardware.
Soundtoys has included seven different analog saturation "styles" that range from warm or crunchy distortion to pumping compression.
From subtle to extreme, FilterFreak packs a ton of analog magic into a convenient digital package.
Rhythm and Groove
While tweaking knobs is always fun, FilterFreak also includes rhythm and groove tools that add motion to your tracks automatically.
Turn on Rhythm Mode and flip the MIDI switch to create auto-wah effects that sync to your DAW.
Choose a simple note value like eighths or sixteenths, select from a library of pre-made rhythms, or even design your own rhythmic patterns using the Rhythm Editor.
Then, to perfectly match the feel of your tune, grab the Groove knob and add some swing or shuffle to drop it in the pocket.
For effects that move with the music, choose the Envelope or ADSR modes to trigger the filter with incoming audio.
You'll be amazed by how much one plug-in can transform the feel of your tracks.
Double Your Pleasure
FilterFreak actually includes two separate plug-ins - FilterFreak 1 and 2. Load up FilterFreak 1 for a single, simple filter. But if you want more power, fire up FilterFreak 2.
It gives you two analog filters side by side that can be used in series or parallel.
Combining two filters with FilterFreak's deep modulation options gives you a huge range of moving sounds to explore.
- Capture the sound of classic resonant filters, with extended control and flexibility
- Funk up guitar, fatten bass, reshape drums, sweep synths and freak out vocals
- Choose from one filter or two that can be used in series or parallel
- Select highpass, lowpass, bandpass, and band-reject modes with 2 to 8 poles
- Add synth-like resonant sweeps or classic wah-wah tones to your tracks
- Create funky auto-wah, envelope follower, and sample-and-hold effects
- Grunge things up with 7 different analog saturation styles
- Construct intricate rhythmic filter sequences with the Rhythm Editor
- Design your own LFO shapes with the Shape Editor
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.