Soundtoys Devil-Loc Deluxe
2 Extreme Compressor/Distortion Plugins
Audio Level Destroyer
A crushing, pounding, aggressive compressor for massive drums. Our spin on an old classic.
To take things beyond the hardware that inspired it and give you even more creative flexibility, Soundtoys have created a deluxe version of the Devil-Loc plug-in, Devil-Loc Deluxe. The Deluxe version adds a "Darkness" control for tone, switchable slow or fast release times, and a mix knob so you can mix your dry signal back in right on the front panel.
The addition of these controls opens up the sonic palette immensely. Dark thundering drums, to driven lo-fi loops, and more, and the mix control saves all that tedious routing and lets you automate mix to keep the Devil from taking over the soul of your tracks. This time, evil is good.
A Bit of History
The original Shure Level-Loc from the 1960s was a brick wall limiter designed to be used in public address systems. Its extreme compression and gritty sound eventually became a secret weapon of some well-known and very creative engineers and producers.
It's an extreme effect, and can create huge sounds with drums and room mics, and in small amounts can add sizzle to things like vocals or acoustic guitar.
Devil-Loc Deluxe also includes its little brother, Devil-Loc. It may be little with just two knobs but it is one seriously big sound.
- Extreme compression effect creates huge drum sounds like nothing else
- Mix knob allows you to dial in just the right amount of grit and ambiance
- Darkness control lets you shape the tone and roll off crunchy highs for a warmer sound
- Selectable fast and slow release times for added variety and control
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3