Granular Echo Synthesizer Plugin
Pitch shifting granular reverse echo. A mind-warping sound design trip.
Crystallizer is an otherworldly creative effect that transforms instruments using a combination of pitch shifting and reversed echo.
Based on the Eventide H3000's innovative "Reverse Shift" algorithm, Crystallizer brings granular echo slicing, old-school pitch shifting, and powerful new features together into one inspiring tool.
If you listened to the radio in the late 80s, you've heard the Crystal Echoes effect from the Eventide H3000 effects processor.
The sound is absolutely unmistakable and has been used on countless records to transform simple chords into epic soundscapes.
Once musicians and engineers got their hands on this unique technique and realized how it instantly turned minimal guitar lines into shimmering symphonic textures, there was no going back.
You can hear it on hundreds of records - from 80s anthems to ambient compositions, to modern indie rock and chillwave.
And now you can have it, too.
Getting the Glitch Right
Because Soundtoys' founders actually designed algorithms for the original H3000, you can be sure they didn't rest until they had recreated its icy tones flawlessly.
One of the key elements of the Crystallizer sound is its old-school pitch shifting.
Modern pitch shifters (like our own Little AlterBoy for example) use sophisticated mathematical algorithms to transform music and vocals as naturally as possible.
The original old-school devices (like the classic H910 Harmonizer) used a simpler resample and crossfade technique that introduced audible artifacts in the pitch-shifted audio.
This retro technique adds a glitchy character to the sound that is an essential part of Crystallizer's 80s-futuristic charm.
Upping the Ante
Once Soundtoys had nailed the sound of the original effect, they didn't stop there. They put their heads together to improve it.
They added MIDI sync and automation to give you precise creative control.
A built-in Gate and Duck feature adds a new level of dynamic control over triggering echos, helping you keep this sometimes wild effect in check.
You can also shape the sound with low- and high-cut filters to create bright shimmery blooms or dark, rich beds of sound.
In short, they’ve brought a classic effect up to date with all the convenience and tweakability of a Soundtoys plug-in.
Does "granular echo synthesizer" sound a bit hard to get your head around? Don't worry.
Soundtoys has included over 200 ready-made presets that you can explore, organized into categories that make finding the perfect starting point for your tracks simple.
They've included everything from the subtle to the all-out psychedelic, so don't be afraid to experiment!
When you're ready to go deeper, you'll find plenty of tweakability and control for making your own signature presets.
- Recreate the classic crystalline sounds of the Eventide H3000
- Turn simple melodies and chords into shimmering, textured soundscapes
- Create rich, evolving effects with reverse echoes and pitch shifting
- Lock the effect to your project's tempo and even add custom automation
- Transform guitar, bass, drums, or loops into something completely new
- An amazing tool for creative sound designers
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.