Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
The Soundiron Waterharp is a deeply multi-sampled percussion and effects instrument library that captures the heart and soul of the waterphone. This unique instrument concept was originally developed by Richard Waters in the late 1960s. Waterphones — also commonly known as Water Harps — are found in all shapes and sizes, but they generally follow the same basic design: a brass vessel with a hollow brass water chamber and a long neck. The top side of the chamber is adorned with vertical brass tines or bars. It is played by strumming, striking and bowing these tines, which resonate together creating darkly harmonic or dissonant tones and textures. The tines are cut to specific lengths and arranged to create scales as they wind around the body of the waterphone. Adding water to the chamber and changing the position of the waterphone drastically changes the pitch and harmonics that are produced when the instrument is played. The water chamber itself can also be played as a percussion instrument. Overall, the waterphone can be considered as both a tuned and un-tuned percussion instrument but is most often used in suspense and horror soundtracks and sound design as a dramatic sound effect tool.
We played it with lots of different mallets, sticks, metal rods, fingers and palms, bows and even voices to explore every nuance and hidden musical potential of this instrument. We recorded it both empty and full of water. We even recorded it from the inside out using hydrophones (underwater microphones), while being cooked over open flame and while filled with machine screws. And finally, we created a wide selection of ambient soundscapes, pads, drones, ambiences, and atmospheres using the recordings and all manner of creative sound design techniques to take this library to the next level.
- 7.86 GB installed
- 2,927 Samples
- 18 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- Bonus Pads, Soundscapes and Atmospheres
- Convolution reverb with a variety of different room, hall and special effect acoustic environments.
- Bowing (no water) Slow, Medium, Fast FX
- Bowing sweep (water) Slow, Medium, Fast FX
- Bowing 2-note legato
- Bowing Sustain (with and without water)
- Bowing Staccato
- Bowing FX grinding w/ tine buzz (with and without water)
- Bowing FX w/ magnets
- Bowing FX w/ hydrophone (underwater mic)
- Bowing FX w/vocals
- Bowing FX boiling at four different temperature levels
- Mallet Rubber (6-7 velocity layers – 6 round robin) at +16 tines
- Mallet Metal (6-7 velocity layers – 6 round robin) at +8 tines
- Hand Played “Metal Tabla” (10 velocity layers – 10 round robin) bottom and top
- Wooden Mallet (6-7 velocity layers – 6 round robin) at +20 tines
- Hydro Mallets (6 round robin) at +20 tines
- Rubber, Metal and Wooden Mallet Sweeps (Slow, Medium, Fast)
- Hydro-Vocal drones, phrases and more…
- Custom ambiences, including patches by Steven Tavaglione (Ambient music on Wall-E, American Beauty and more)
Waterharp 2.0 includes automatable Attack, Release, Edge, Filter, Vibrato and Convolution reverb with 30+ custom halls, rooms and special FX impulses. We’ve optimized presets to put each category right at your fingertips, with easy articulation menu loading. We’ve also rolled our Arpeggiator system into every tuned and strike percussion preset, with plenty of mode, sequencing and time signature options. The effects presets now feature dynamic waveform display, with real-time playback and offset cursor. We've also added a new range of deep ambiences, synths and sound-designed atmospheres, all hand-crafted from the original instrument source.
Made for Kontakt Full
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library.
- The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support these standard open-format Kontakt libraries.
- Windows XP or higher required for PC.
- Mac OSX 10.6 or higher for Mac.
- Dual Core CPU or better
- 3GB RAM or more
- SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library
- This software is delivered as a digital download, a broadband connection is required.
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.1 and above (NOT Kontakt Player)
- MacOS 10.6 Snow Leopard and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Dual-Core Intel / AMD CPU or better
- 3GB RAM or more
- SATA or SSD storage is recommended for this library
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.