Soundiron Sick 5
Horror Instrument For Kontakt Full
Sick Volume 5 is the fifth entry in our annual Sick series, exploring melodic and exotic tuned plucked strings and mallets, unique winds and musical effects designed for sci-fi, horror and mystery genres. It also includes an extensive collection of evolving tonal ambient pads, atmospheric soundscapes, harmonic clouds, and menacing drones. It’s also perfect if you just want fresh, unique musical sounds with an unconventional character and organic playability.
It features 5 acoustic instrument sets, recorded in a bright chamber with adjustable close and far mic positions. The "Astral Dirge Pipe" is a custom contraption sonically resembling a multi-key tuned didgeridoo. We recorded chromatic sustains, staccatos, and effects. The "Channeling Tube" is a classic spring-powered “Thunder Tube”, played both percussively and semi-chromatically by plucking the string at differing lengths. The Conjuring Bell is a beautifully melodious pair of chimes with a sound hole at the base to allow the thumb to create “wah-wah” effects as they ring. The "Spectral Moaner" is a droning wind instrument swung in an overhead arc to produce a harmonic series as speed increases. The "Demon String" is an acoustic guitar outfitted with a Vo-96 guitar synthesizer that produces infinitely self-sustaining richly harmonic organ-like drones. We recorded a full range of string plucks, plus major, minor and octave chord types. Finally, we've designed 60 mystery, sci-fi and horror ambiences and soundscapes. Every preset includes cutting edge control features, rack FX and otherworldy convolutions to allow you plenty of creative control.
Or go big and check out the full Sick Bundle, with volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 all together at a great combo discount.
- 4 GB Installed
- 1452 Samples
- 8 Kontakt 5.1 .nki instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- "Astral Dirge Pipe" custom multi-key tuned didgeridoo: chromatic sustains (w/releases), staccatos and effects.
- "Channeling Tube" spring-powered effect percussion: hand percussion and sustaining dramatic effects.
- "Conjuring Bell" oscillating tuned mallet percussion, with organic “wah-wah” effects: mallet, stick and strike variants, with different oscillation patterns. Roll sustains with dynamic cross-fade layering.
- "Spectral Moaner" droning air column wind instrument: hand percussion and tonal sustains with dynamic cross-fade layering.
- "Demon String" acoustic guitar with resonant synthesis: chromatic string plucks, plus major, minor and octave chord types.
- Ambient tonal, atmospheric and droning instruments: 60 mystery, sci-fi and horror ambiences and soundscapes.
We captured a variety of articulation types for each instrument in a large hall, at both close and far distances in widely spaced stereo pairs. The space offers a lush, full sound that blends naturally with orchestral sections. The close position has a full, present sound with greatly diminished hall reverberation. The Far position has a distant, wet quality with more air and environmental influence. You can selectively load and mix the close and far microphones to conserve ram and dial in just the right mix. And if you need it closer to bone dry, you can use the Release control to simply tighten up the room release.
The comprehensive FX Rack panel provides multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals, and otherworldly fx impulses, all easily available through the control interface. Finally, we contorted the source recordings into a broad selection of 60 different ambiences, drones, atmospheres, and special FX instruments. You’ll find 3 main ambient presets, each with a number of different ambiences to choose from.
Made for Kontakt Full
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.1.0 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library.
- The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library.
- Windows 7 or higher.
- Mac OSX 10.7 or higher.
- Dual-Core CPU or better
- 2GB RAM or more
- SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library
- This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required.
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.1.0 and above (NOT Kontakt Player)
- MacOS 10.7 Lion and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Dual-Core Intel / AMD CPU or better
- 2GB RAM or more
- SATA or SSD storage is recommended for this library
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.