Chord Organ Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
Magnus is a vintage 37-key analog chord organ from the 1960s. This free-standing, three-octave chord organ was originally manufactured by the Magnus Harmonica Corporation. It has six major and six minor chord buttons. MHC was founded by Danish immigrant Finn Magnus, who supplied American troops with harmonicas in WWII, and later went on to sell millions of affordable electric chord organs and song books until the late '70s under Magnus Organ Corporation, before being acquired by World Book Encyclopedia who would ultimately cease production.
But fret not! We’ve captured its old-school fat, buttery tone, with infinite sustains and tight staccatos. To take this far beyond an ordinary analog chord organ sample library, we've also created 20 awesome sound-designed custom chord organ and effects presets and 40 unique sound-designed ambiences that can be played chromatically as atmospheric synths, dronescapes, and pads or used directly in your DAW for underscoring and texture.
We've packed the GUI with lots of great sound-shaping controls that give you the flexibility to warp the shape in many ways. You have control over Volume, Attack, Release, Transient Offset, Vibrato, and Octave layering. The "Glide" control slider allows you to play legato and portamento leads. You'll also find an adaptable LFO system, with selectable LFO shape, modulation target parameter, speed, intensity, tempo-syncing, and fade-in time. You can also apply your choice of 13 low-pass, high-pass, and FX filter, with assignable modulation control options, including velocity, mod wheel, expression, after-touch, key position, and step-sequencer table control. You can also use our customizable arpeggiator, with a built-in velocity sequencer table and control over arp direction, note timing, swing, randomization, and duration.
Magnus was recorded through its direct line outputs. We recorded its stock presets with sustains and staccato samples for each key. The included octave, vibrato, and FX rack give you an easy-to-use interface to completely customize and shape its fat analog sound to fit a variety of creative styles.
The library comes equipped with flexible control features, like Swell, pitch Glide, Attack, Release, Vibrato, and Octave. There’s also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms, and plenty of otherworldly FX impulses to fully explore an endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations.
- 2 main instrument presets with advanced performance controls, vibrato, glide speed, LFO, Filter, Arp, and full FX rack
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
- Sustains, Staccatos, Chord Sustains, Chord Staccatos, and Acoustic effects samples
- Glide control for legato speed
- Standard monophonic functionality or polyphonic when Glide is set to 0
- Octave feature which gradually adds a lower and higher octave
- Convolution Reverb with 119 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls, and special effect impulses
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation, and more
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.5 or later. Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform. You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above. This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode". However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler, and synth formats. The special Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- 1.04 GB Installed
- 458 Samples
- 22 Kontakt 5.5.2 .nki preset banks
- 24 bit / 48kHz Stereo uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked wav samples can be directly imported into almost any wav-compatible plugin or DAW.
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.5.2 (or later), NOT Kontakt Player
- MacOS 10.9 or higher
- Windows 7 or higher
- Dual Core CPU or better
- 2GB RAM or more
- SATA or SSD hard drive is recommended for this library
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.