Soundiron Hyperion Strings Micro
Strings Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Player
Hyperion Strings Micro is Soundiron's introductory orchestral string library for Native Instrument’s free Kontakt Player.
This library is the perfect starter pack for songwriters and musicians just getting into orchestral writing and seasoned composers wanting new colors in their orchestral palette.
No matter what your creative needs are, you'll discover the powerful toolset and outstanding audio quality that you're looking for in this convenient and extraordinarily flexible virtual instrument library.
This library has a forward and robust sound unlike any other.
Soundiron recorded the string ensemble sections up close on a dry soundstage, the historic Studio A at Fantasy Studios in Berkeley, CA.
They then equipped the interface with plenty of spatialization, environment simulation, and positioning controls and options to let you dial in the sound and character you need.
It's perfect for any musical style from rock, pop, and EDM, to fully orchestral compositions.
The interface is detailed, configurable, and feature-rich to allow total customization.
However, for all of the bells and whistles designed into Hyperion Micro, it has been carefully refined to be intuitive and naturally simple to use, with virtually no learning curve.
Hyperion Strings Micro includes a combined full ensemble preset, as well as 4 main section presets for our 8 Violins, 6 Violas, 5 Cellos, and 4 Double Basses.
For this Micro Edition, we've included the most essential core articulations for each section: multi-dynamic sustains both with and without natural vibrato, staccatos, spiccatos, and pizzicatos, as well as two basic dynamic expressions: long crescendos and decrescendos.
The multi-dynamic sustain, staccato, spiccato and pizzicato articulations allow smooth crossfading across dynamic layers, from piano to forte with the Swell control.
In addition to dynamic layering, you can also choose rich, natural vibrato or clean non-vibrato sustain types or seamlessly blend between them with the sustain blend control.
You can also instantly switch the staccatos, spiccatos, and pizzicatos to velocity sensitivity mode and control dynamics directly as you play.
The pizzicatos also allow manual or automatic switching between naturally loose flams and precise tight plucks that adapt to your speed.
Each of these short articulation types also features two "round-robin" variations per note.
The Crescendo and Decrescendo expressions allow real-time dynamically aware release sample triggering, tempo-synching, and time-stretching.
These are a great introduction to our broader "Expressions" concept for modular arrangement.
- Vibrato Sustains: p, mf and f
- Non-vibrato Sustains: p, mf and f
- 8-count Crescendo p < F with vibrato
- 8-count Decrescendo F > p with vibrato
- 8th-note Staccatos (2x rr): p, mf and f
- 32nd-note Spiccatos (2x rr): p, mf and f
- Loose Pizzicato plucks (2x rr): p and f
- Tight Pizzicato plucks (2x rr): p and f
- 5 instrument Banks
- 2,950 Samples
- 2.5 GB installed
- 24-bit, 48 kHz Stereo Lossless NCW Format
- 5 master section presets: Ensemble, Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses
- Multi-dynamic sustains, with smooth real-time control over natural vibrato and dynamic transitions
- Multi-dynamic staccatos, spiccatos and pizzicatos with 2x round-robin
- Dynamic auto-release and tempo-synching for Crescendo and Decrescendo expressions
- Flexible and intuitive user interface with pro features, deep customizability, and simple workflow
- Free soundstage positioning for each section within dozens of custom rooms, halls, chambers, and FX environments
- Adaptive Play Assist and Arpeggio systems for instant inspiration
- Made for the free Kontakt Player (version 5.7.3+), Komplete Kontrol, all S-Series Keyboards, and NKS software and hardware by Native Instruments
- Works with the Kontakt "Libraries" browser and Native Access
This library has been licensed for use in the free Kontakt Player virtual instrument engine. It can be used in Kontakt Player or the full retail version of Kontakt (version 5.7.3 or later) for VST, AU or AAX instrument plugin formats. You can add this product to the Kontakt "Libraries" browser. It requires online serial number registration through the Native Access app. This library is also fully compatible with Komplete Kontrol and all S-Series Keyboard Controllers by Native Instruments. Purchasing this library qualifies you for a great crossgrade discount toward the full unlocked version of Kontakt through Native Instruments!
- Native Instruments Kontakt Player 5.7.3 and above OR Kontakt Full 5.7.3 and above
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel or AMD CPU
- 3GB RAM or more
- 2.5GB free storage space