Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
Cacophony is easily the most massive collection of live concert hall performance sound effects, room tones, crowd reactions, orchestral tuning drones, and incidental sound effects you will find anywhere.
As we accelerate toward technical perfection and hyperrealism in the musical world with the help of technology, it's important to remember the living flaws and details that make the experience of listening to live music so immersive.
What is often most missing is the ghost of the place, the murmur, and roar of the audience, the players tuning up - all of those little sounds in between.
In their absence, we often feel something missing, though we cannot always put our finger on what.
We've been recording orchestras, ensembles and solo performers regularly for nearly 2 decades, slowly building a deep and authentic collection of concert hall room tones, all manner of audience applauses, murmurs and reactions, pit orchestra and ensemble tuning cacophonies, warm-ups, incidental sound effects, from great to small.
These elements can be used for sound design in any style of music, video games, movies, VR, television, and apps, or to simulate the environment of a live performance whenever you need it. The possibilities are endless.
Cacophony ( kah-kof-oh-nee ): A discordant and chaotic mixture of sounds.
The Kontakt interface includes a suite of automation-ready sound-shaping controls to give you total creative flexibility.
You have control over swell, attack, release, offset, vibrato, filter, pitch (coarse & fine), articulation switching, cross-fading and layering, and so much more.
We've also included 20 unique sound-designed custom FX presets to give you lots of creative options.
This library comes with an adaptable LFO system, with selectable LFO shape, modulation target parameter, speed, intensity, tempo-syncing and fade-in time.
You can also apply your choice of 12 low-pass, high-pass, and FX filters, with assignable modulation targets such as velocity, mod wheel, expression, after-touch, key position, and step-sequencer table control.
Our customizable arpeggiator offers a velocity table and control over arp direction, timing, swing, randomization, and duration.
We've included a key and scale lock system to constrain your notes to common scales and keys for easy melodic composition and live performance.
The interface is rounded out by our modular FX rack panel, with 18 different DSP effect modules that you can assign in any of 10 available slots, in any order that you wish.
You'll find classic phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp and cab simulators, compressors, EQ, rotator and so much more.
The Reverb effect includes our favorite convolution reverb impulse responses, including 99 different rooms, halls, chambers, and outdoor environments, plus another 40 custom FX impulses to radically transform the sound and open up whole new worlds of musical possibility.
We've added a great bank of FX rack chain factory presets to get you started!
- One master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format
- Orchestra Tuning & Warmup, Audience Noises, Concert Hall SFX, Roomtones
- 20 Ambience patches created from the source content
- 24 bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
- Unlocked Kontakt presets and wav samples to allow user customization
- 765 Stereo WAV files
- 12.6 GB installed
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.5 or later.
Kontakt is an industry-standard advanced virtual instrument software platform.
You can view screenshots of this library's custom graphical user interface in the image gallery above.
This library is packed with features to provide you a wide range of sound shaping parameter controls, each one totally automation-ready in your host environment or Kontakt's stand-alone mode.
This is a standard Kontakt open-format library, so the free Kontakt Player does not fully support it and can only run it in a limited "demo mode".
However, the sample directories are unlocked so you can use them in other wav-compatible software, sampler and synth formats.
The Libraries tab doesn't support this open-format Kontakt library, but you can use the standard File browser tab and import this library into the Kontakt Quickload window for easy loading and navigation.
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.5 and above (NOT Kontakt Player)
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 2GB RAM or more
- SATA or SSD storage recommended for this library
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.