Sonnox Fraunhofer Pro-Codec
Codec Auditioning Plugin
Audition Codecs in Real-Time
We spend our professional lives making mixes sound as good as they can – and then hand them on for encoding and distribution. Later we often wish we could have made some improvements.
What if there was a way to audition and compare up to five audio codecs in real-time? Enter the Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plugin.
Its intuitive display helps you quickly focus on key issues such as codec effect on frequencies, audible artifacts, and codec-induced overloads. Optimize your mix for specific formats, such as AAC or mp3, before encoding it using the plugin or the separate manager application for background batch processing.
- Real-time auditioning & encoding with glitchless switching
- Supported Codecs: MP3, Apple AAC iTunes+ (Mac only) AAC-LC, HE-AAC - MPEG Surround, AAC-LC & HE-AAC multichannel, HD-AAC
- Select up to 5 codecs for simultaneous real-time encode
- Batch processing using dedicated Manager application
- Comprehensive metadata editing
- ABX mode for blind statistical testing
- DIFF monitoring; listen to effect of codec on input signal
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- An iLok 2 or 3 USB key is required. iLok Cloud and iLok Machine licensing methods are NOT supported
- Includes 2 activations per license
AAX Native, AU, VST2, and VST3