Sonarworks SoundID Reference for Speakers & Headphones
Room, Speaker, and Headphone Correction Software
SoundID Reference is speaker and headphone calibration software delivering consistently accurate studio reference sound.
In less than 20 minutes you can calibrate your existing studio speakers with a measurement microphone (buy from us or use yours) and calibrate your existing headphones with more than 280 headphone calibration profiles already included in the software as ready-to-use presets. With an applied calibration profile the software sets the frequency response target to be completely flat across all audible frequencies so you can trust that every mix will translate. You can also now make custom adjustments to the target curve in real-time with the new custom target feature.
With accurate studio reference sound, you can seamlessly switch between speakers, headphones, and rooms. Finally, mix with confidence and make music that sounds great everywhere.
Mix With Confidence
Stop second-guessing yourself and trust every decision.
The only market solution providing ultimate accuracy for consistent reference sound between your speakers and headphones.
Create music that sounds great on phones, laptops, earbuds, or wherever else it's played.
Get only relevant feedback by working on the same reference sound regardless of distance or the gear you have.
Work From Anywhere
Seamlessly switch between speakers, headphones, and rooms. You’ll hear a flat, consistent sound wherever you go.
Finish Tracks Faster
Make better decisions and spend less time fixing mistakes.
Accurate Reference Sound For Perfect Translation
The main purpose of great sound translation is to deliver the artist's exact intent to the listener. SoundID Reference delivers consistently accurate studio reference sound across all speakers and headphones so you can mix with confidence and make music that sounds great everywhere.
DAW Plugin and Systemwide Calibration
Works in all major DAWs as a plugin and as a standalone Systemwide app calibrating audio across your entire system.
Access a library of 20 predefined simulations that will allow you to check the mix in different listening environments.
Make custom adjustments to the target curve in real-time and manually select the frequency range that the calibration will be applied to.
3 Filter Modes
Select between different filter processing modes - zero latency for live tracking, mixed or linear phase delivering ultimate audio clarity.
- Speaker calibration: save as many profiles as needed
- Headphone calibration profiles for 280+ supported models
- Custom target: target curve adjustments in real-time
- Translation Check: simulating 20+ different devices and device types for accurate mix translation results everywhere without leaving the workstation
- 3 filter modes: Zero Latency, Mixed and Linear Phase
- Additional DSP processing controls: Mono, Dry/Wet, and Safe Headroom
- MIDI mapping in the SoundID Reference app for various controls
- User Presets in the SoundID Reference app for switching quickly between predefined output device/channel pair combinations
- MacOS 10.12 or later (Intel only currently)
- Windows 8 or later (64-bit)
- 2GB RAM or more
- 1024x768 resolution or larger
- Headphones - Any compatible model - check yours here.
- Measurement microphone - Get yours here
- An audio interface with +48V Phantom power and 44.1kHz capability
- Microphone cable - XLR to XLR