Slate Digital Gates Bundle
2 Noise Gate Modules for VMR
The gate is one of the most important weapons in an audio engineer's arsenal. Used tactically, it can eliminate or reduce unwanted bleed or background noise from recorded source material. Used creatively, its applications are virtually limitless. Previously, Slate users have had to call upon gates from directly within their DAW or third-party plugins of choice. But those days are history…
Introducing two new gate modules: Gate: Classic and Gate: Drums. You can now access nearly infinite gating options without ever having to leave your Virtual Mix Rack workflow!
Gate: Classic is a traditional, straightforward gate that is highly efficient in removing background noise from guitars, vocals, and other acoustically-recorded source material.
Gate: Drums is a highly-sophisticated drum application. It combines a gate based on transient detection with smart dynamic filtering so you can achieve far cleaner drum tracks than with a conventional gate.
One fierce gate to rule them all! Kill unwanted background noise in a variety of source material with ease. A classic gate setup with traditional parameters – threshold, ratio, range, attack, release, slope, and two distinct gate modes:
Gate: Classic also features highly accurate sidechain filters, providing an array of creative options across the mix.
Unlike Gate: Classic, Gate: Drums is based on transient input. This means that the gate is triggered by sharp and soft transients rather than volume levels. With this unique processing, you can separate the transient from the signal tail, and apply different processes to each!
Gate: Drums is divided into three sections; from top to bottom:
- Transient Detection: The first step of the workflow – adjusting the detection to catch only the desired transients.
- Gate: The second step of the workflow – adjusting the floor and timing of the gate.
- Debleed: The final step of the workflow – filters the tail when a transient is caught.
- Detection Filters: Filter the signal before detection, so the gate only reacts to certain frequencies.
- Transient Detection: Controls the ability of the gate to detect more or less transient.
- Detection Threshold: By excluding low levels, you can focus on a specific amplitude range and have insanely precise transient detection!
- Debleed: Debleed On/Off enables dynamic filters.
- Release: Controls the speed of filter activation once a transient has been detected.
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave and above
- Windows 8 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- An iLok 2 or 3 USB key is required. iLok Cloud and iLok Machine licensing methods are NOT supported
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.