Put Some Pressure on The Mix
The PSP Impressor is an incredibly accurate, fully-featured, high-precision compressor designed to process whole mixes, busses, or single tracks.
PSP Impressor emulates the magical classic characteristics of compressors with valve and opto-electronic circuits as well as classic modern compressors.
PSP Impressor also features a highly configurable side-chain. The side-chain filter has a significant effect on PSP Impressor’s sound and operation.
Depending on your side-chain filter settings, the filter also lets you use the compressor as a de-esser or to reduce the pumping effects of heavy kick drums and the like.
PSP Impressor also works very well in combination with the PSP Saturator.
With the PSP Impressor before the PSP Saturator in the signal path (think of it like placing a bus compressor before a tape machine), you can employ both plug-ins simultaneously (using subtle settings!) in order to impart a very cohesive sound, like your mix was being produced on expensive analog hardware.
Of course, you can also reverse the order, placing PSP Saturator before PSP Impressor - never be afraid to experiment!
- A wide range of soft-knee characteristics
- Peak or RMS level detection
- External or internal side chain signal with a smooth bell-type filter
- An output algorithm which can operate as either a brick wall limiter or soft saturation algorithm to preserve peaks above 0dBFS.
- MacOS 10.12 Sierra - 12 Monterey
- Windows 7 - 11
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3 (all 64-bit only)