Overloud GEM Modula
3 Classic Modulation Units in 1 Plugin
Gem MODULA includes three of the most iconic modulation units in a single plug-in. In addition to offering the most faithful emulation available today, it extends the original units' tone capabilities by adding features not available on the analog units they emulate.
- Emulations inspired by Dimension D, Solina Ensemble and SPX90
- Dual Mode: left and right settings can be changed independently for wider stereo effects
- Input stage saturation control
- Stereo width control
- LFO shapes can be customized
- Built-In parametric equalizer
- Parameters can be controlled by envelopes
- Modulation rates can be synced to BPM
The Dimension unit offers a very soft and organic modulation. It was the go-to unit for vocals in the 80s and 90s but it can also be used on a full mix to increase the space perception without adding reverb. Its input section has a very musical harmonic generation when pushed into saturation.
The Ensemble circuit was included in a line of string machines, so it is particularly suited for synth and pad sounds. It can greatly enhance stereo depth on strings and soundscapes as well.
The Symphonic unit is the classic digital chorus of the 90s. It has a 3-voice modulation scheme with sinewave LFOs for heavy modulations. It was the Zakk Wylde and Mike Stern chorus, but it has been heavily used on vocals and synths as well.
Beyond the Original Hardware
Modula extends the features of the original hardware and combines the flexibility of the digital world with the character of analog processing.
You can push the input stages of the units into saturation to drive their super-musical harmonic generation.
With the built-in parametric EQ you can sculpt the tone of the wet signal without the need for complex external routing.
Stereo Width Control
You can change the amount of the stereo width, from mono to double the original width.
With the Dual-Mono Mode, you can process the left and right channels separately with different settings in order to increase the stereo depth. Parameters can be linked individually using the custom link panel.
Envelope Controlled Parameters
All the main parameters can be dynamically controlled by the input envelope. The effect will "breathe" according to the level of the input signal. This is particularly useful in Electronic Music.
For example, the modulation speed can increase during the transients. Or the amount of effect can be decreased on louder passages to increase their clarity while keeping a sense of wider space on the softer parts.
Customize LFO Shapes
Thanks to the analog modeling design, it is possible to virtually mod the original circuit and change the LFO and filter's behavior while keeping the character of the original unit. You can experiment with using LFO shapes to change the motion of the modulation, or add resonances to transform the chorus into a flanger, for example.
- MacOS 10.9 Mavericks and above
- Windows 10 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- 1280x800 screen resolution or higher
- Includes 3 activations per license
Products with the Instant Delivery badge are in stock, and can be delivered to your email in seconds after you purchase.
Products with education pricing are for students & teachers only. To prove your education status we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proofStudent
Student ID Card, Letter of enrollment, or similarTeacher/Lecturer
Teacher ID Card, Lecturer ID Card, Payslip, Letter from the school/college
Education proof is submitted to the manufacturer and is accepted at their discretion.
Digital Download Info
Digital Products are delivered electronically via Email. No physical product will be shipped to you!
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them. This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to our Install Instructions page. You can visit that page by clicking here: Install Instructions.
This crossgrade is for owners of a competing DAW. To prove your DAW ownership, we require that you upload proof in the form of an image/PDF.
Types of proof
A copy of your purchase receipt for the original license or the most recent update/upgrade
A screenshot of your product registration
A photo of your package (either CD/DVD or printed manual), with the unique serial number included in the photo.
Get a free upgrade to RX10
This offer is valid until RX10's release.
Purchase one of the following products:
- RX9 Standard
- RX9 Standard - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from any RX Standard, Advanced, or Post Production Suite
- RX9 Standard - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX9 Advanced
- RX9 Advanced - Crossgrade from any paid iZotope product
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8, or Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX9 Advanced - Upgrade from RX Elements/Plugin Pack
- RX Post Production Suite 6
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-5
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Advanced 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Standard 1-8
- RX Post Production Suite 6 - Upgrade from RX Post Production Suite 1-8
Only the upgrades and crossgrades specified above are eligible. All others listed apply to the full version of the product only. Education versions are not eligible.