Osterhouse Sounds Secco Strings
Short Solo Strings Virtual Instrument for Kontakt Full
Secco Strings is a highly customizable collection of Viola, Violin, Cello, and Bass recordings.
Each Instrument has 3 available articulations (Pizzicato, Peck, and Bounce) and 3 Play Modes (Single Notes, Rhythm, and Texture).
You can also import up to 4 sets of your own samples using Drag 'n' Drop (Kontakt 6 only).
Two fully automatable XY Pads allow you to customize your sound in dynamic and highly creative ways.
The Main XY Pad can be assigned to various parameters (Panning, Direction, Formant, and Octave).
You can also add up to 15 unique steps and assign a different articulation to each step.
The Tone XY Pad adjusts the main tone according to different playing styles (Bridge, Fingerboard, Finger, Pick).
Import Your Own Samples (Kontakt 6+ only)
Secco Strings contains 4 user instrument slots enabling you to import your own samples.
Take advantage of the unique Secco engine and use your own sounds.
Drag and Drop your own samples onto one of the four slots to import.
Single Notes Mode
In Single Notes Mode, you can assign up to 8 different steps.
Each step can have its own instrument and articulation assigned.
The position of each step on the XY pad determines volume, panning, direction (reverse), formant, and octave for every step independently.
Move the microphone (and each step) around to dynamically alter the sound.
In Rhythm Mode, steps play sequentially.
The number of Steps and Time-Division can be adjusted.
The Jitter control is used to add a fluctuation to each step to give motion and realism to the sound.
Rhythm Mode also contains an arpeggiator button to arpeggiate through all played notes.
8 steps can be assigned in Rhythm Mode.
In Texture Mode, the engine will cycle through each step at a user-definable speed enabling you to create swarms, textures, chaos, ensembles, and effects.
Each step will randomly move and bounce off each other (and the walls) using physics.
Texture Mode also contains a 'Distribute' button which allows you to play the steps in parallel.
Each note you play gets assigned to a step and cycles through each step.
15 steps can be assigned in Texture Mode.
- 3 Play Modes (Single Notes, Rhythm, Texture)
- 4 Instruments (Viola, Violin, Cello, Bass)
- 4 User-definable sample slots (import your own samples)
- 3 Articulations (Pizzicato, Peck, Bounce)
- Global Attack, Decay, Low Cut, and Saturation
- 1 Page GUI for easy navigation
- 8 Specially selected convolution reverbs with control over send level, pre-delay, time-stretch, low-pass, and high-pass
- Preset System (nka file save and load)
- 21 ready-made presets for Rhythm Mode
- 17 ready-made presets for Single Notes Mode
- 13 ready-made presets for Texture Mode
- Assign up to 15 steps for each Play Mode to different articulations and instruments
- Fully automatable XY pad with controls over (Panning, Direction, Formant, and Octave)
- Dedicated Tone Control pad which crossfades between 4 layers for the pizzicato articulations, and between 3 layers for the arco articulations
- Modulate Tone using proximity and velocity sensors
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.8.1 and above (NOT Kontakt Player)
- MacOS 10.11 El Capitan and above
- Windows 7 and above (32 and 64-bit)
- Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM or more
- 1.1GB free storage space