Nomad Factory Blue Tubes DeEsser DS-2S
The BT De-esser DS-2S is a stereo de-esser with vintage controls and sound. This deesser is designed to tame the harshness of certain vocal sounds, specifically "ess" sounds (hence, the name). However, this device can be useful in controlling the level of other sibilant vocal sounds as well, such as "t", "sh" or "f" to name a few.
A de-esser works like a frequency-specific compressor. In fact, the DS2S is essentially a compressor driven by hi-pass/band-pass filters. It reduces the offending high frequencies when the level of those frequencies exceeds the threshold. Threshold and Frequency sliders are provided, as well as a Listen selector switch to hear only the frequencies being de-essed. The DS-2S is the ideal way to take that unwanted sizzle out of your vocal tracks.
- Threshold and Variable Range
- Internal Side Chain High and Low Pass Filters with Listen key
- HPF and BPF modes
- Full automation for all parameters
- Easy-to-use vintage interface with gain reduction VU Meter
- MacOS 10.8.5 Mountain Lion - 12 Monterey (Intel only)
- Windows 7- 11
- Intel i3 CPU or better
- 4GB RAM or more
- Host DAW with 32/64-bit support
- Authorize up to 3 computers
AAX Native, AU, RTAS, VST2