Musical Sampling Boutique Drums Renegade
Drum Kit & Sound Design Virtual Instruments for Kontakt Full
Renegade is a drums and sound design library designed for producers of nu-metal, EDM, rock, pop, and underscore. We also aimed to make this a serious asset for modern underscoring with atmospheric percussion/synth pulses, brooding basses, and experimental acoustic content.
As always, dialing in the drum mixes was incredibly important to get right. Rogue is the tight mix, Faction is the workhorse mix and Juggernaut is the roomy mix. Inspired by the Gorgon preset from our Medusa library, we provided a fourth mix for Renegade that pushed us to our absolute mixing limits - Anarchy. That mix will peel the varnish off a foot locker.
For the Guitars & Bass section of Renegade, we’ve included a distorted eight-string guitar, distorted bass guitar, and two nylon guitar patches. For the eight-string and bass, you can crossfade the live eighth-note patterns between palm-mute and full-open. With harder velocity hits, you can trigger a set of isolated samples (with up to four round robins) to act as your ‘ending’ notes or to further customize your guitar line.
We also recorded, processed and programmed a ton of sound design material but only included the efforts that we found inspiring, useful and complementary to Renegade as a whole. What we ended up with was a curated collection of 31 multi-genre patches consisting of processed analog synths, bass and acoustic/electric guitars, live ensemble/solo percussion pulses, analog kits and more.
- Drums + Sound Design
- Kick, snare, cross stick, rimshot, three toms, ride (with crash), ride bell, two crashes, hi-hats, synced live hi-hat grooves (three recorded tempos – 90 / 120 / 140 BPM)
- 31 multi-genre playable sound design patches consisting of processed percussion, guitars, electric bass, analog synths, piano, brass, strings, pulses, analog kits, and weapons
- Simple and intuitive mix interface
- Four interchangeable “baked-in” mix presets
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90 / 120 / 140 BPM that sync to your DAW's tempo
- Crossfadeable hi-hat grooves (fades between four different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open)
- Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double)
- Adjustable Humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose)
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group
- Reverb control for respective sound design patches
- CC assignment option for sound design patches
- Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
- Free Kontakt Player is NOT supported
- Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
- 4.5 GB compressed NCW format
- Receive watermarked product by Continuata Connect downloader
- Native Instruments Kontakt Full 5.8.1 and above (NOT Kontakt Player)
- MacOS 10.11 El Capitan and above
- Windows 7 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel or AMD CPU
- 4GB RAM or more