McDSP FutzBox V7
Distortion & Noise Generator Plugin
FutzBox is a distortion and noise generator plug-in for creating low-fidelity versions of audio signals.
Typical post productions require distorted, or 'futzed' versions of dialog and other tracks.
Simulations of radios, cell phones, and televisions are now available in a single software product.
These simulations, called SIMs (Synthetic Impulse Models) provide accurate modeling in an extremely optimized format, allowing FutzBox to use less DSP power than conventional convolution based products.
Furthermore, SIMs can be scaled in real-time and changed on the fly.
In addition to the SIM library of sounds, FutzBox also includes filtering and EQ, distortion, a noise generator, and gating to complete the sonic destruction required.
Original and distorted audio can be mixed in real-time to accommodate scene changes or other automation requirements.
Dialog and Vocals
Varied distortion effects are possible using the FutzBox.
Experiment with the Scale control in the SIM section when a SIM preset is 'almost' what you need.
If the goal is to make the music production sound like it is being played on an old tube radio, FutzBox is very capable of such effects.
Any gate, when set too aggressively, can cause incoming audio not to pass to the output. The FutzBox gate is especially suited for such applications.
- Library of Synthetic Impulse Models (SIMs)
- Configurable 'futz' effects including filtering, EQ, and distortion
- Flexible noise generator with ducking capability
- Hyper-sensitive gate for signal dropout effects
- Collection of presets from award-winning mix engineers
- Mono and stereo versions
New Features in V7
- New controls including Tuned Intensity Control, Chop and Wobble
- Optimization for Apple Silicon and Latest Intel Processors
- Two activations per license
- High definition updated user interfaces
- Zero Latency Algorithms
- Double Precision Processing
- MacOS 10.13 High Sierra and above
- Windows 10 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel or Apple Silicon CPU
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok Cloud and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
- Includes 2 activations per license