Leapwing Audio Al Schmitt
Al Schmitt Signature Mixing Plugin
Leapwing Al Schmitt is an innovative audio processor for mixing and mastering that incorporates the unique techniques and equipment used by multi-award winning engineer, Al Schmitt. Al has been in the recording business since 1949 – and before that, as a child, he actually spent weekends in his uncle's recording studio watching history being made by artists such as Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters!
His recording techniques were forged in the early days of recording, before the invention of multitrack tape recorders, large scale mixing consoles, and even EQ! He has recorded and mixed artists from Frank Sinatra and Natalie Cole to Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, Boz Scaggs, Jackson Browne, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, and Toto. We worked with Al to analyze the tools and the workflows he uses to bring you this set of unique processors perfect for recording and mixing duties.
- 6 unique profiles to process vocal, piano, bass, brass, strings, and mix bus. Honed by Al over the years, they represent how he approaches music.
- Each profile has a set of parameters controlling harmonics, EQs, compression, and echoes
- Instrument profiles are low latency, making it perfectly suitable to use for recording
- All algorithms are meticulously tuned with the highest quality achievable and
- a pristine sound
- Beautiful re-sizable Retina interface with a unique design focused on the
- optimal workflow
- Sample rates supported up to 384kHz (DXD).
- Available as 64-bit plugins in VST, VST3, AAX, and AU formats for macOS
- (10.10 and higher) and Windows 8 and 10.
- MacOS 10.10 Yosemite and above
- Windows 8 and above (64-bit only)
- Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon
- Includes 2 activations per license
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3