Krotos Reformer Pro
Sound Design Plugin
Reformer Pro is a unique ‘sound design instrument’, that transforms pre-recorded audio files into performable sound effect libraries in real-time via a microphone, input audio file, or MIDI controller.
Interact with sound like never before: perform your Foley, Animal, Sci-Fi, or Impact SFX instantly and intuitively within your DAW, saving you hours of editing and easily capturing subtle movement and nuance that elevate your project to another level.
Grab a mic and record a quick vocal recording in sync with a scene, and replace it instantly with cloth foley or surface textures instead of trawling through your existing library. Feed existing assets into Reformer Pro to add texture or variation without ever leaving your session.
Analyze your own recordings with our standalone Analysis Tool, revitalizing your existing library into new forms at high speed.
Our award-winning, patented technology introduces inspirational new ways to maximize your own sound library and design workflow.
Reformer Pro ships with our fantastic Krotos Bundle, that’s over 2.5 GB of high-fidelity sounds waiting for you at start-up. Libraries include Bengal Tiger, Black Leopard, Electronic, Leather Foley, our Fruit & Veg Collection, Gun Foley, Polystyrene, and Sizzle.
Perform Your Sound Design
You do your best sound design work when you can manifest what you hear in your mind. Reformer Pro offers a whole new way of interacting with sound.
- Analyze sound libraries with our Analysis Tool.
- Perform sounds in real-time via the world’s first Dynamic Input – using a microphone, MIDI, or directly from the UI.
- Replace or add texture to pre-recorded audio in your DAW.
- Automate your audio directly from the timeline.
- Select or mute any sound from within your libraries.
- Perform impacts and add extra definition using our unique Transient Engine.
- Create constantly evolving soundscapes and variations.
- Over 2.5GB included sound effects to get you started straight away
Turn Your Sound Libraries Into a Performable Sound Palette
- Switch between an audio input and Dynamic Input for different ways of interacting with your own libraries
- Use a microphone, automation or midi to control your libraries
- Perform impacts and add extra definition using our unique Transient Engine
- Trigger transients directly, based on frequency via velocity-sensitive midi input
- Add variation quickly and easily
Use High-Quality Libraries
- Reformer Pro includes the fantastic Krotos Bundle, that's over 2.5 GB of high-fidelity sounds waiting for you at start-up.
- Libraries include: Bengal Tiger, Black Leopard, Electronic, Leather Foley, Fruit & Veg: Crunch, Fruit & Veg: Squash, Fruit & Veg: Stabs, Gun Foley, Polystyrene, and Sizzle.
Blend and Control up To Four Libraries in Real-Time with the X/Y Pad
- Perform to picture in real-time and achieve seamlessly synced, sculpted results
- Render single shots or set up automation to create audio that evolves with your scene
Set Individual Parameters for Each Library
- Choose response times for each library using the parameter bar
- Tweak playback speed and volume to refine results
- Select or mute any sound within any Library
Perform Sound Libraries Like Instruments in Real-Time
- Analyze your own libraries, packs, and collections for use in Reformer Pro with our Analysis Tool
- Include up to 1 GB of samples in every Reformer Pro library that you create
- Draw from a broad and diverse library or aim for consistency and focus with micro-libraries
- Analyze at the sample rate that’s ideal for you
Replace or Add Texture to Pre-Recorded Audio in Your DAW
- Create constantly evolving sounds using 'continuous mode' - perfect for environmental effects or electronic textures
- Combine with Extended Library View for a comprehensive range of results from a single library
- MacOS 10.11 El Capitan - 11 Big Sur (Intel only)
- Windows 10 and above
- 2.4GHz Intel Dual Core CPU or better
- 4GB RAM or more
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager
- iLok machine and iLok USB licensing methods are supported
AAX Native, AAX AudioSuite, AU, VST2 (all 64-bit only)
Pro Tools (10.3.5 and above), Reaper, Logic Pro X, Nuendo (7 and above), Cubase (8 and above) and Ableton Live (9 and above)